Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[OFFICIAL] Disallow going above the nether top?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 32

worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post by worldruler086 »

It seems people didn't read why Mojang won't fix this glitch. This glitch allows easy fast travel for players, something that is only useful for anarchy servers, which are a very small segment of the minecraft community. Since there is such a small group of players who could actually use and abuse this glitch to their gain, mojang won't fix this glitch. Not for some time anyhow. The nether was made for a way of quick travel at the expense of an environment that is very hostile. It was a payoff, faster travel for more risky travel. This glitch completely eradicates that threat, as mobs and other threats don't spawn on top of the nether. Worse still, it seems most proponents of keeping it allowed don't know the difference between a glitch (unintended) to a feature (planned and intended). I know we could go on and on about semantics of what is or isn't vanilla, but in my opinion if certain glitchs were obviously not intended and can be abused, they should be banned for the sake of potential abuse.

We had the ability to duplicate blocks in a previous update. I had a server get massive inflation due to a group of people spawning over 10k diamond blocks. It got so bad that selling diamonds to the point system actually made you LOSE money, since the price had dropped so much. And this wasn't hacking, or cheats, or whatever, this was a glitch. This was all in the vanilla game. But I think most would agree action should be taken to things like that. This specific glitch allows players to traverse a far distance at no real threat. This is not what the nether was intended for.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

utuoo2234 wrote:Traveling ontop of the nether is pure vanilla. IT has been here pretty much since 1.8 and I think if Mojang did not want it in the game and if it were a glitch it would have been removed by now. Traveling by nether allows people to travel much faster and anyone can do it it is completely fair.
I'd just like to point out the second time that not only is your argument retarded, its has already been made. Kindly spare us the run-around and read the thread FIRST.
deflowvesper

Post by deflowvesper »

@lonesoldier, Mind posting your suggested solution again to prevent nether roof travel?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

deflowvesper wrote:@lonesoldier, Mind posting your suggested solution again to prevent nether roof travel?
You mean just checking to see if someone's in the Nether world and their Y position is above 128 for a certain amount of time? If I could into java I would make it, but no thanks.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

bump
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

bump
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Oh damn, I voted twice. Can you make sure one of those is removed, Yukar?
deflowvesper

Post by deflowvesper »

FoSchnizzle wrote:Oh damn, I voted twice. Can you make sure one of those is removed, Yukar?
i belive it changes your vote everytime you vote again.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Two separate accounts.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

miniwimi wrote:omg u vottd tweis. reportad11!1?!1?11!1!111!!!!1
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.