map limit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Add a 5k world boundary?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 52

Xestia
OP

Re: map limit

Post by Xestia »

I didn't say it wasn't close to vanilla, I said it wasn't vanilla, which it isn't. This was in response to Revs assertion that this server is vanilla as it is now, but that a world boundary would turn it into some server with 400 plugins.
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

Xestia wrote:Firstly, this server is inherently vanilla? It's name is simplicitypvp.net not simplicityvanilla.net or something.
I'd say it's name is simplicitypvp.net = vanillapvp.net. But does it really matter? It is a fact adding a boundary will make the game on this server less vanilla than before. I don't think this really matters that much. The one and only point is if people want the server the way it is now, or with a boundary. And therefore if they think the changes will result in more pvp as you think, and therefore accept the possible disadventages, if they don't think this will change the server in the way you believe, they even don't want the change at all, or just dislike the boundary more than the lack of pvp.
Xestia wrote:You are selfish. You're trying to oppose a suggestion that would get this server going again just because you don't want to lose what you've built. (Yes I know this is a false statement, I'm just playing by your rules now)
No, this is not a false statement. It is selfish. I know it takes time to build anything, but it would really help to keep the whole world alife this could not be a reason to be against a boundary...
Xestia wrote:But there's nothing to say it has to be limited to one or the other. With a world limit you can still play without fighting anybody. But as it is now you can't fight anybody even if you want to.
Again the question: If those who are far away from spawn now to avoid to be killed/griefed will keep on playing this way... how would a boundary change anything? If there really were that many people who want pvp the way you like it, why don't they gather at spawn? Do you reallly think they are that stupid o believe the can go 10k away and still do pvp everytime?
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

People closer to spawn would be more inclined to pvp as this is simply more convenient.

Some would be that stupid, no surprise as it's been stated a lot of times here that there's a lot of activity that far out. Some go there in rage after having a base close to spawn be raided. Some go there because they want to play singleplayer with a chat.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

Re-emphasizing the point that even if you think 5k is a little bit small...
It's way easier to go from 5k to 10k than it is to go from no limit to 10k

The map limit will expand as we see fit. I'll be the first one to support any expansion.

And I think that all this drama about 5k being small is a little bit overdone. It really is a large area, and many other anarchy PvP servers (such as Nagura) set 2k as their limit with no problems.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

this vote has reached a new state of unfairness. first the deadline was cut off and now no one's original vote is being counted so all the people who voted, yes or no, need to be informed that their vote was thrown out like a rigged bush election
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

The deadline was cut off because you (among other people) accused me/piani of cheating.

If you aren't active enough to notice the announcement in the motd, or the announcement on the forum, you don't play enough on this server to be voting.

And, people are informed, both by the motd when you join, and by the GLOBAL announcement on the forum. 30 votes in just a couple days, I think people have noticed.
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

pianiseemo wrote:Re-emphasizing the point that even if you think 5k is a little bit small...
It's way easier to go from 5k to 10k than it is to go from no limit to 10k

The map limit will expand as we see fit. I'll be the first one to support any expansion.

And I think that all this drama about 5k being small is a little bit overdone. It really is a large area, and many other anarchy PvP servers (such as Nagura) set 2k as their limit with no problems.
by that logic, going from no limit to 5k is a very stupid thing to do.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

WTF is motd? And don't bitch at me I'm saying it's unfair for both sides
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

RevStoningpot wrote:WTF is motd? And don't bitch at me I'm saying it's unfair for both sides
might be wrong, but i believe its the ticker that is posted upon logging in the server
ccrh
[rawr]

Post by ccrh »

motd = message of the day
rofl do /motd if we were still on bukkit