World Peace Group Meditation

Discuss anything not related to minecraft
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: World Peace Group Meditation

Post by RevStoningpot »

first off jesus is not god. second weather you call it magic or some thing else, jesus said many times how the things he was capable of, all mankind is capable of. Jesus didn't come to earth to rule us with his mighty magic he came as an example that we might follow and in turn realize the magic with in our selfs. Christians, believing jesus is god, refuse to accept their own potential due to the thought that they can't possibly be as magical as jesus. But seriously this topic is about a meditation and has nothing to do with religion. If you can accept the fact you have a spirit soul or what ever you want to call it. The process of meditation is for tuning out the body and tuning into the spirit. If you are soulless then it wouldn't be anything more to you than just sitting quietly. But man is not soulless and that's why so many people across the world feel meditation is such a great practise.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

If God is able to stop evil, but not willing, then he is weak.
If God is willing to stop evil, but afraid to, he is a coward.
If God is willing and able to stop evil, but cannot,
Why call him God?

To forfil the nonsrs value for this post, dicks.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

evil is created by the souls. The souls were created with the gift of free will. God stopping evil would require taking away that gift. And without free will we may as well be nothing more than a mindless stone. It is our curse that we are capable of evil but our blessing that we may stop it.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

If god is real why do we have evil?
Because we have free will.
So is there evil in heaven?
Of course not.
So is there free will in heaven?
hue, logical paradoxes
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger1 »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:If God is able to stop evil, but not willing, then he is weak.
If God is willing to stop evil, but afraid to, he is a coward.
If God is willing and able to stop evil, but cannot,
Why call him God?

To forfil the nonsrs value for this post, dicks.
God took pleasure in all of His creation (Revelation 4:11), but He loved people most of all. He uses the deterioration of the created universe to show us the consequences of our sin. If we did not experience the consequences of our rebellion against the Creator, we would never understand that we need salvation from our sin, and we would never receive His offer of mercy for our sin.
Most people easily recognize that there is a problem in the world. We need to realize that there is One who has overcome this problem of death and suffering—Jesus Christ. http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... -suffering
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

SilasOfBorg wrote:
Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:It's not magic, it's His infinite power, nothing is too hard for Him. Don't you think an all powerful creator of the world could do anything?
When you understand why you do not believe in others' gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours.

Totally understand you buddy. But you should be searching for the True God, I've already found it.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

>double shit posting to draw attention to your post instead of just modestly editing your last post
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:
SilasOfBorg wrote:
Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:It's not magic, it's His infinite power, nothing is too hard for Him. Don't you think an all powerful creator of the world could do anything?
When you understand why you do not believe in others' gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours.
Totally understand you buddy. But you should be searching for the True God, I've already found it.
/facepalm

I've met many people who are convinced they know The Truth (Athiests, Theists, what have you). Failing to acknowledge the limits of mankind's ability to "know" anything means we're coming from such different places that discussion is pointless.

Telling me what I *should* be doing based on a story chosen from literally thousands of possible stories makes as much sense to me, as me telling you to seek the One True Pasta and behold the wonder that is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

May your beliefs bring you comfort and happiness and the knowledge and wisdom to do right by yourself and others -- in a spiritual, mental, and physical sense.
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

I always hate when religion becomes a topic of discussion. People have a bad habit of saying "it makes sense to me, why not you? Then you must be an idiot" which doesn't solve much. Religion has so much emotional and personal stakes in a man's life that their beliefs are often not on logic but on "gut feelings". I personally was raised Catholic, but, as my knowledge of the world became both larger and, well, more confusing, I had little choice but to remove my original beliefs and sort of choose a "neutral" option. I've been an agnostic ever since. One thing I've learned is 9 out of 10 people will be happy to discuss their beliefs if you're willing to listen, and 8 out of those 9 people will be willing to listen to you as a result. They might not like what they are hearing, but if one is humble, they will most likely listen.
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

worldruler086 wrote:I always hate when religion becomes a topic of discussion. People have a bad habit of saying "it makes sense to me, why not you? Then you must be an idiot" which doesn't solve much. Religion has so much emotional and personal stakes in a man's life that their beliefs are often not on logic but on "gut feelings". I personally was raised Catholic, but, as my knowledge of the world became both larger and, well, more confusing, I had little choice but to remove my original beliefs and sort of choose a "neutral" option. I've been an agnostic ever since. One thing I've learned is 9 out of 10 people will be happy to discuss their beliefs if you're willing to listen, and 8 out of those 9 people will be willing to listen to you as a result. They might not like what they are hearing, but if one is humble, they will most likely listen.
I actually think it's good for us to discuss this kind of stuff, I notice that you guys need some more things to consider. You do not have to agree with me, you can choose to believe in whatever you want. I simply want to share with you all what I believe is the right thing to believe in in this fallen world. Go through this diligently; http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... tion-proof

If you're seeking eternal life with our Creator in Heaven, consider the following. I'd rather have you all by my side in Heaven than burning in Hell.