Fixing pvp: The case against enchantments

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[OFFICIAL] Ban all enchantments from the pvp world?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Yes
58%
No
42%
Neutral
No votes

Total votes: 19

Xestia
OP

Re: Fixing pvp: The case against enchantments

Post by Xestia »

mitte90 wrote:and it forces me to have atleast 2 sets of armor.. one unenchanted and one with.. if u cant efford that u will be stuck in real world or have to use unenchanted
That's just poor logic. This suggestion is about reducing the requirements for being able to pvp.
deflowvesper wrote:pvp will be less intense as mitte said, as players wont be worried to much about loosing gears that are easy to obtain.
Since diamond armor is "easy to obtain", mind giving me a couple sets for free?
deflowvesper wrote:whether if its an old junk or their best gears and take a gamble. PvP is better that way.
The game shouldn't be about gambling whether your opponent brought Prot IV or not, it should be about fighting.

PvP is better having people closer together gear-wise. PvP is not good in games where some players are able to have vastly greater gear than others (this is why Guild Wars was a pvp game, and WoW was a pve game).
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

no but i wont cry if u kill me for them.
The game shouldn't be about gambling whether your opponent brought Prot IV or not, it should be about fighting.

PvP is better having people closer together gear-wise. PvP is not good in games where some players are able to have vastly greater gear than others (this is why Guild Wars was a pvp game, and WoW was a pve game).
but then we get back at internet ping being the big decider whos win or loses. pvp is crap in minecraft even if u take away stuff it will still be unfair
deflowvesper
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by deflowvesper »

Xestia wrote:
deflowvesper wrote:pvp will be less intense as mitte said, as players wont be worried to much about loosing gears that are easy to obtain.
Once you've obtained fortune enchant and have the knowledge to know where diamonds are (y:15 under), obtaining diamonds is very straightforward. If a player is to loose diamond gear, he could simply mine for more, no big deal. If however, the gears had enchants, then its up to the player's decision, if he dont want to loose it then dont wear it.
Xestia wrote:
deflowvesper wrote:whether if its an old junk or their best gears and take a gamble. PvP is better that way.

loosing gears when pvp'ing is still a gamble in minecraft whether if its enchanted or not. Sure, it takes awhile to build up a good gear but thats what its all about. I personally enjoy fighting players with greater gears than i have, especially being able to win even handicapped, thats a real success. but then again everyone has their own opinion and this is mine. having just the unenchanted gears alone in pvp will make it less extreme and limited..less fun
Melvin3000 wrote:A second "arena" world with this idea might be good, but I sort of agree with Deflow too, risking your best gear can make it fun also.
If there is to have another world, im guessing the /world we currently have right now will be empty and insignificant.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Once you get an ample supply of diamond, and if you're any good at PvP, iron/diamond armor is easy enough to come by and it's not too difficult to make more.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

I support this idea. I never enter pvp anymore with anything except invisibility, potions, and throwaway gear because I know I would lose anything better.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I think most opinions have been said by now. What's next?
utuoo2234
[rawr]

Post by utuoo2234 »

I do not like this proposal. The enchantments are part of the vanilla game and the only reason I get protection iv is because I like to pvp in it. By the way it takes maybe 2 hours to get all the stuff you orginially mentioned.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

You like endlessly hearing the "Snap snap snap" sound as you two spam LMB on each other?
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

utuoo2234 wrote:I do not like this proposal. The enchantments are part of the vanilla game and the only reason I get protection iv is because I like to pvp in it. By the way it takes maybe 2 hours to get all the stuff you orginially mentioned.
thank you for your worthless contribution!
Here's an award:
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I'm pretty sure the pvp world is not part of the vanilla game. We have that because pvp in vanilla minecraft sucks without some kind of help. This is the same.

Explain why you like to pvp in Prot IV compared to not having it?

2 hours? Even with my farm, it takes more than 2 hours to get a complete set. And that's with a massive farm. And again, "only" 2 hours is still a huge waste of time. You're asking people to grind for 2 hours for no reason whatsoever.