Re: server down?

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
mitte90
OP

Re: server down

Post by mitte90 »

mayby auto reboot the comp after some time? its not elegent but this downtime are enoying..
TheLea
[rawr]

Server deadz?

Post by TheLea »

So, the server crashed, didnt get back up on its feet again. Is this due to a prolonged service downtime or did you kick the bucket Yukar? :O

Why does ones life shatter when you just get interrupted in creating something? : (

Hope its back up soon!
sliderride
[rawr]

Re: Server deadz?

Post by sliderride »

It seems the server crashes all the time.

Been to another servers and they suck
- lag - it seems there is some bug caused by exp points.
- No animals are spawning (or just sheep)
- Everyone dies of hunger
this all is apparently 1.8 version's fault. What a steaming pile. Yes it is Beta but seriously wtf Notch.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

yea the 1.8 server are somewhat unstable. but hopefully it will get stable soon... if notch will.. in notch we trust!
TheLea
[rawr]

Post by TheLea »

sliderride wrote:It seems the server crashes all the time.

this all is apparently 1.8 version's fault. What a steaming pile. Yes it is Beta but seriously wtf Notch.
There's also servers that works well. I think the fact that the game doesnt have proper mod support yet, and that most servers have a lot of mods installed, is the bad guy in this case.

Imagine a game in Beta state that the developers are creating with a focus on features and new content, rather than making a perfectly coded masterpiece in one go. Then imagine thousands of people writing modifications that messes with the inner structure of the games cogs and wheels. Shit's bound to hit the fan at almost every turn.

A lot of people thinks that making a game that is as "simple" as minecraft is a cakewalk compared to all those flashy big-name games they get spoonfed with day in and day out.
Keep in mind that minecraft consists out of millions of lines of code with 2 people working on it, while F.ex EA games have a dev-crew that can populate a small nation (Now, EA was a bad example since their finished products more often than not works even worse than minecraft in beta, but hey) and work with already finished engines and developent kits.

All that while a huge fanbase is crying like a million lost puppies and wetting themselves whenever more than a month goes by without an update.

So what I'm saying here is that this is your own fault. The fans. If you dipshits hadn't been such needy and hard-to-satisfy bastards, then we might have had a stable release right about now. But instead the developers have to double as rescueworkers, building walls of sandbags around their office before the flood of puppy urine drowns them. No wonder Notch took a time-out.

I'm not saying that Mojang is staffed by the best in the industry, but compared to their fans they are gods walking the earth.

Just my humble opinion.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

it notch own fault that he have sold the game to so many people.. its beta yea but if u have taken money of people a somewhat stable game are expected.. its not easy to build a game i am a programmer my self so i know how much work it is in this but come on this release are to damn buggy.. i like notch he have given the gaming world a great game but dont tell me we are wanting to much. the game are buggy without any mods to..
Stonards
[rawr]

Post by Stonards »

TheLea wrote:

There's also servers that works well. I think the fact that the game doesnt have proper mod support yet, and that most servers have a lot of mods installed, is the bad guy in this case.

Imagine a game in Beta state that the developers are creating with a focus on features and new content, rather than making a perfectly coded masterpiece in one go. Then imagine thousands of people writing modifications that messes with the inner structure of the games cogs and wheels. Shit's bound to hit the fan at almost every turn.

A lot of people thinks that making a game that is as "simple" as minecraft is a cakewalk compared to all those flashy big-name games they get spoonfed with day in and day out.
Keep in mind that minecraft consists out of millions of lines of code with 2 people working on it, while F.ex EA games have a dev-crew that can populate a small nation (Now, EA was a bad example since their finished products more often than not works even worse than minecraft in beta, but hey) and work with already finished engines and developent kits.

All that while a huge fanbase is crying like a million lost puppies and wetting themselves whenever more than a month goes by without an update.

So what I'm saying here is that this is your own fault. The fans. If you dipshits hadn't been such needy and hard-to-satisfy bastards, then we might have had a stable release right about now. But instead the developers have to double as rescueworkers, building walls of sandbags around their office before the flood of puppy urine drowns them. No wonder Notch took a time-out.

I'm not saying that Mojang is staffed by the best in the industry, but compared to their fans they are gods walking the earth.

Just my humble opinion.
Notch cockrider detected.
TheLea
[rawr]

Post by TheLea »

Stonards wrote:
TheLea wrote:

Just my humble opinion.
Why even mention Notch? He hardly works on the game any more. He's off spending his new earned riches while his hired codemonkeys keeps the game running.

Try again, person who thinks with his toenails.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

IMO the problem is that there is spent more time on adding new stuff, than there is on fixing bugs.

This servers crashes are caused by bukkit, and it probably was a bad decision on my end to update to 1.8 so early.
Stonards
[rawr]

Post by Stonards »

TheLea wrote:
Stonards wrote:
TheLea wrote:
sliderride wrote:Snip

Just my humble opinion.
Why even mention Notch? He hardly works on the game any more. He's off spending his new earned riches while his hired codemonkeys keeps the game running.

Try again, person who thinks with his toenails.
Mojang cockrider detected.*