New Spawn design

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Spawn Reform

Use this design
75%
Reform but not like this
13%
No reform
13%

Total votes: 8

Gingeronamission
in diamond armor

Re: New Spawn design

Post by Gingeronamission »

Oooh
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

sorry i was talking to fo you got your message in before i was done. Let me emphasize this point here as clearly as i can. The issue of combat logging in an area of no building but yes pvp, was deemed the only logging problem that needs fixing, due to the fact that a player can't build, dig, lava, the spot where someone logged out. so the key change here is to remove the build protection wherever pvp is enabled. my design does have the 3 water spaces that would be no build people could build high enough to jump it and perhapse that would be enough without ladders
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

The issue of Combat-Logging isn't about spots where there isn't building but there is PVP. You can survive almost any trap. If all spots where there is PVP has to have build allowed then we should just go with the old 1.8 spawn but with a modified glowstone border. I can see why you might want to have all PVP spots also have build enabled but that doesn't mean we should be letting people into a PVP-protected area willy nilly.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

Yes, this is the issue of combat-logging
http://simplicitypvp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=542
and i'm telling you i've seen, from experience, that a safe spawn site a player can return to is good for getting the player count up
so all proposed designs aside i feel the best arrangement is a small to nil zone allowing pvp with no building and a fully protected spawn that players can return to
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

No, that's not the issue of Combat-Logging.
http://www.simplicitypvp.net/forum/view ... ?f=5&t=703
The new players at spawn punch me. From this I can see that they enjoy punching me, telling me that they are enjoying the PVP at spawn.
I can't take your word for it, so I'm going to continue to base my opinions off of what I know.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

no that's not an issue yukar has ruled many times before that he will take no action against any combat logging (excepting at spawn) and that vote is also rather in favor of doing nothing as well so that's a dead issue
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

Like I said traps are easy to avoid. This shouldn't even matter though, if Combat-Logging inside the border is a problem compared to Combat-Logging outside the border then I don't see why we shouldn't have the 1.8 spawn with a modified glowstone border.

Also if the votes were in favor of doing nothing, I doubt that by "nothing" they meant modifying spawn until PVP is disabled and making build protections minimal.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

as a matter of simple reversion id suggest going back to the 1.6 pre 4 bridged giant mote
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

I wasn't here back then :/
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

no you weren't : ]