Mc v 1.3

General minecraft related topics
yourcreepyuncle
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Mc v 1.3

Post by yourcreepyuncle »

Yeah that was quite stupid, but just some fun facts about that civil suit
- The woman was a very elderly woman (about 80 years old)
- The coffee was filled quite over the brim
- The coffee was exceedingly hotter than it should have been, and therefor when it spilled on her it gave her 3rd degree burns
waronchickens97
in diamond armor

Post by waronchickens97 »

Eh, hotter than 100 degrees Celsius which is standard serving temperature for coffee?
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

then we have the elderly woman that have sued Walmart atleast 3 times, for not given exact change.. we talking really small sums and gotten 1000X what the store did not give in change.. its not that Americans is stupid.. well a little bit.. but its the justice system that are counting on that everyone are complete morons. thats why there is a label in microwave ovens manual that u cant put ur pet in there for drying.. if u shoot someone can u sue the gun maker for not telling u that the gun are lethal? sorry for the usa bashingXD
yourcreepyuncle

waronchickens97 wrote:Eh, hotter than 100 degrees Celsius which is standard serving temperature for coffee?
Are you kidding me? Studies have shown that the optimal temperature for serving coffee is around 60 C. Not only this, but temperatures exceeding 65 C have been known to cause serious damage to a person that it is spilled on. The coffee served at the time was 180-190 F (which is about 82-88 C). Plus, McDonalds has had nearly 700 similar lawsuits all pertaining to the temperature of their coffee.

@Mitte No I totally agree, but the point here is not the fact that she should have known that her coffee was hot, thats common sense, its the fact that the temperature of the coffee that was spilled onto her was hot enough to give her 3rd degree burns, resulting in skin grafts.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

well after the fact about the coffee civil suit i withdraw my previous statement about that and point to the new evidence instead...:P
yourcreepyuncle

Sweeet. Trust me I felt the same way about it, before I had all the facts. And this case is usually made out to be a frivolous lawsuit.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

so does mojang write the server stuff and give it to bukkit or is bukkit totally responsible for all server software work? also will this mean the server will be updatable asap or does it mean waiting for bukkit still.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

Mojang hired the core Bukkit team to work on the official server software. For legal reasons, they can't use Bukkit code, so they will be starting from scratch - and "trying" to achieve "as much" compatibility with bukkit "as possible". This is how you properly troll a community.

But for the patch 1.3, the server software won't be completed yet. This plugins API will be for client-side plugins (as far as I understand this post)

EDIT: Oh wait, I was wrong. The modding support will be released for both client and server: link
yourcreepyuncle

So basically we're going to get bukkit-like server software, which may or may not be as good as the original bukkit code. Once again Mojang, well done.
cocojack
[rawr]

Post by cocojack »

i just have to say, i cant wait till 1.3 comes out with the new stuff :P, i hear that there are enderchests, which sound awesome