World Boundary

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[UNOFFICIAL] Opinion poll on what's preferred

Boundary stays up and nothing else is done at all
5%
Boundary stays up, but we try one or more other options
18%
Boundary is simply removed, nothing else happens
14%
Boundary is removed, and we try other solutions
34%
More events
16%
Remove beds
2%
Add teleportation
11%

Total votes: 44

YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Re: World Boundary

Post by YoungsMC »

Gnatogryz wrote:I like the boundary, because it forces people to interact more with each other (interaction is why I switched from single-player to multi). But then again, I agree with LoneSoldier when he says "I'll interact whenever I feel like it", as this game indeed shouldn't be limiting people's possibilities (especially on an anarchy server).

I'm thorn apart - I think the limit has to be lifted, but I fear that removing it will make too many people choose not to interact ever again.
Lone isn't forced to go to spawn and PvP. The map limit keeps him from going out far enough that random interaction is impossible. Interaction isn't always a choice.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

Seeing as this is my first time posting under this topic, i had time to read everyone's argument and such. Not that it will sway my opinion, but it is interesting to see the different pros and cons.

World and Rev, i really do love reading your posts. You always seem to have the best rebuttal haha.

In the beginning of this post, Yukar said that he wanted a new and unique way to go about the limit. I have thought about it and think that i have a solution. My solution will get rid of the limit, but at the same time allow people that choose to live far out an easy access to pvp. Assuming this was possible, my solution is to first of all take down the limit ;) and put up one-way portals to spawn throughout the map. We may even be able to get Yukar/OP to install a portal into the base that is out far, or close. This portal will allow for easy access to spawn, people you may want to trade with around spawn, and everything else. The portal will take away half the journey which means you will only have to walk back to your base. I think this will help gather teams, bring new players out to you, help new players with ease. The possibilities are limitless ;) haha no pun intended :)

But yeah, that's my suggestion! i would really like to hear your feedback and opinions.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

Oh, and it will also hopefully increase pvp even more than the limit :)
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

So.. teleportation? Read poll :S
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

well yes and no. the "teleportation" would only be one way and not chat induced.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

well its tie with "remove and nothing else" so right now we safe..
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Sorry, I don't understand, if it's one way how does it allow easy access to pvp?
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

I think Oldolwa's solution would work. The main reason that I often dont want to go pvp at spawn is the travel time (it is agreed that spawn is where the vast majority of pvp occurs right?). This way if you go to spawn to pvp and die you can go right back to your bed and its not a waste of time, and you can get right back into the fight if you choose. Right now if you go to spawn and die right away it discourages you from going back because of all the time it took to get there, especially for those past 5k. This solution would satisfy both sides because the pro-limit side would get their increased pvp while the anti-limit side would be able to go out farther and build their big creations without being confined to the dangerous map limit. People could also go with the intention to fight and die with armor and weapons of lesser value. This would be better quality pvp than killing spawn rats. The one way portals would prevent people from fleeing the battle with no risk of being followed, unlike the use of teleports, which are already out of the question.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

Pretty much what Egg said, Yukar. Travel time is a big one.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

No doubt travel time is a big one, but will cutting it in a half really do that much? If you're 20k out, that's still a 20k walk every time you want to pvp.