map limit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Add a 5k world boundary?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 52

ccrh
[rawr]

Re: map limit

Post by ccrh »

it might seem controversial or whatever but it will make less controversy in the long run i believe and will also prevent more people from going out there
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

ccrh wrote:it might seem controversial or whatever but it will make less controversy in the long run i believe and will also prevent more people from going out there
perhaps, but not everyone goes far out for "singleplayer with chat", and some players are even hostile of that idea. I've heard some players want a permaban on those individuals.
ccrh
[rawr]

Post by ccrh »

sigh, its just another idea, compared to forcing everyone in the box...
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

ccrh wrote:sigh, its just another idea, compared to forcing everyone in the box...
well, you're just changing it from forcing everyone inside, to forcing them to stay inside once they enter.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

This thread is exciting, I like to see how many pages it grows every day. Will tomorrow bring 24? Perhaps 25? C'mon folks, we can do 26 if we try!
ccrh
[rawr]

Post by ccrh »

bs i know we could get to 50 if everyone would help
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

ccrh it's already been stated by yukar9 that it will be a plugin that removes the ability to leave the 5k area. You can just pillar your way over a bedrock wall, it wouldn't be very effective at keeping people in. I believe it will be in such a way that all beds outside the 5k area are removed, and you become unable to put new beds out there. Then people will quite simply be forced into spawn as soon as they die.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

worldruler086 wrote:
ccrh wrote:it might seem controversial or whatever but it will make less controversy in the long run i believe and will also prevent more people from going out there
perhaps, but not everyone goes far out for "singleplayer with chat", and some players are even hostile of that idea. I've heard some players want a permaban on those individuals.
Again, I never said I wanted people who use this server for singleplayer with chat banned. I said I want people who use this server for singleplayer banned.
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

I'd whish you'd just let people play the game the way they want.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

SolFuji wrote:I'd whish you'd just let people play the game the way they want.
I wish people would read what I write.