World Boundary

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[UNOFFICIAL] Opinion poll on what's preferred

Boundary stays up and nothing else is done at all
5%
Boundary stays up, but we try one or more other options
18%
Boundary is simply removed, nothing else happens
14%
Boundary is removed, and we try other solutions
34%
More events
16%
Remove beds
2%
Add teleportation
11%

Total votes: 44

worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: World Boundary

Post by worldruler086 »

They went out of control on that server as well. I think we had about 150 gates total. They're a bit hard to deal with, so an op may need to help. However, I think it'd be best if we allowed people the ability to make them as they wish. We could make gates to Arenas for quick pvp. As well as trading posts. Idk, it's really up to yukar
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

Trading posts seems too faction-ish. But i don't know...Giving the player's the ability to build their own portals will get a little hectic. I really, really do like this idea though
worldruler086

Post by worldruler086 »

Yeah, for a non-vanilla plugin, it's very...well...vanilla. It affects the gameplay, but in a good way. Gets even more interesting when people can follow you through portals.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

Dude, i really think this will help PVP tremendously. Fuck the limit, get portals. :)
worldruler086

Post by worldruler086 »

heh, it certainly makes it easier to interact being 20k from spawn. But let's see what other people think...
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

yeah, but i still think that a good punishment for death would be to walk XD instead of just putting in a password
worldruler086

Post by worldruler086 »

Well, you'd still need to find a gate. And if you're in a well-trafficked area (such as spawn), you'd be best to go to a random tele that you're not stationed in. We called those "relay stations" on that server. Most of them were old bases that were greifed long ago.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

With regards to gates, can somebody write up an individual thread for them? Makes the debate easier as it gets separated from here.

As for trading posts: We used to have one (way back) but people would never use it. All it was used for was noobs trying to figure out how it worked, and inadvertently getting stuck.
worldruler086

Post by worldruler086 »

Yeah, I'll make one. I think it's an interesting mod. That said, I can see why people may be against it.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

I think if we do these portals they should be set at specific intervals, like from spawn make one in each cardinal direction every 5k out or so, so theres still some walking involved. and if someone keeps getting back to spawn really fast you know theyre based near a portal which cuts the search down somewhat