World Boundary

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[UNOFFICIAL] Opinion poll on what's preferred

Boundary stays up and nothing else is done at all
5%
Boundary stays up, but we try one or more other options
18%
Boundary is simply removed, nothing else happens
14%
Boundary is removed, and we try other solutions
34%
More events
16%
Remove beds
2%
Add teleportation
11%

Total votes: 44

worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: World Boundary

Post by worldruler086 »

idk, I like the idea of the portals, as you can't flee someone if they're right behind you. If we had the 100 block thing, it'd take too long to code properly.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

But a boat route would require attention and moves slower than a minecart system, and also can't be used in the nether.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

World, i don't think rev was talking about portals when he said the 100 block thing. I think he was talking about using the /spawn chat command...which makes complete sense.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

I like the idea of one-way stargates. Every player would be able to create 1 stargate that leads directly to spawn (one per player to limit abuse).

Imho that's way better and much more vanilla-ish than using commands. And it's a nice compromise between having an endless map and still being able to meet people.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Yes, but this means you get free transportation to anywhere you want, at no additional cost to you.

If you want to meet people on an endless map, stay closer to spawn. The people you'll meet will most likely be spawnrats and X-Rayers. If you don't want to meet those people, live very far away and have an expensive form of transportation to spawn. Otherwise, you just get free transportation everywhere. It's like If I just hopped on any plane to anywhere without paying.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

The only place you would have free transportation to is spawn. If this were to happen, i doubt the people around spawn would only be xrayers and spawnrats. There would be a variety of players maybe not in spawn, but in the area looking for a fight.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

However, it means you cut your travel time to spawn in half. The time required to go to and from should be brought into account as well.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

It has come into account. With half the travel time, it will encourage more people to come in and pvp.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

But it's at an extremely reduced cost, meaning that there's only a small consequence for living very far out.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

it would seem the poll is tending towards dropping the limit yet both sides are for trying somthing else rather strongly. If you havn't checked the multiverse topic recently please stay on the line as some of our options may have changed..... Ummm I feel this idea would fall on other things for both sides.