World Boundary

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[UNOFFICIAL] Opinion poll on what's preferred

Boundary stays up and nothing else is done at all
5%
Boundary stays up, but we try one or more other options
18%
Boundary is simply removed, nothing else happens
14%
Boundary is removed, and we try other solutions
34%
More events
16%
Remove beds
2%
Add teleportation
11%

Total votes: 44

FoSchnizzle
Moron

Re: World Boundary

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Many would, I am fine with a lot. As long as it doesn't tear us all to shits, I'm good.
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

just wanted to say I have a poll set up on my stargate thread. That seemed to have gained some popularity, or at least attention.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

However, the arguments we have for the limit:

- Increases PVP and player interaction
- Decreases the amount of people very far who do not contribute to player interaction
- Makes it so all players are within a decent distance of events

Arguments Against the limit:

- Increases the possibility of X-ray attemtps, with higher player traffic in a smaller area
- Decreases the amount of natrual land or naturaly generated biomes that players can explore
- Creates a sense of confinment (though this isn't very important)
- Decreases the amount of very limited natural resources (I.E, Mycellenium, Mooshrooms, Others of the type)
- The area inside the limit becomes increasingly more devastated as more and more players remove blocks.
- The amount of naturally generated structures is capped at a small limit.
- Everytime Mojang changes the biome generation (Every damn update) we have to either force new chunks in with new biomes or explore new land, but because there are no new chunks to explore in the 5K radius, this is impossible.
- It is impossible to find something that someone else hasn't found already that's naturally generated.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

yeah, check out the multiverse thread. that one seems to be the most popular one at the moment.
worldruler086

Post by worldruler086 »

Oh, I know. I just wanted to say the poll is up.
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:But it's at an extremely reduced cost, meaning that there's only a small consequence for living very far out.
Yes that's the point, we're focused more on increasing pvp rather than raiding. Also the consequence isn't reduced that much, you can still be followed from spawn or have the general danger of the travel back to your base.
worldruler086

Post by worldruler086 »

EggThief wrote:
LoneSoldier55 wrote:But it's at an extremely reduced cost, meaning that there's only a small consequence for living very far out.
Yes that's the point, we're focused more on increasing pvp rather than raiding. Also the consequence isn't reduced that much, you can still be followed from spawn or have the general danger of the travel back to your base.
And since that's the biggest threat you'll have, it will be less an issue because you'll focus on making sure you're not being followed.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

And you'll make sure that if you are, you start a chase and do the ever so classic let me jump while sprinting and place a lava bucket beneath me as I jump so that you, following me, sprint right into it.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Alright, here's what I'm down to.

Whatever makes it legal to cross the world boundary without outside assitance, and that also allows me to freely build, fight, and destroy blocks outside the radius.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

That's not the best definition, as you can't cross a limit that doesn't exist ;)