map limit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Add a 5k world boundary?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 52

pianiseemo
OP

Re: +/- 5k Map Limit

Post by pianiseemo »

ccrh wrote:personally, i am all for a limit but i would rather have a 10k limit
i live at 6k and love the peace and quiet but i am only living here as a safety precaution. i would rather not log in one day and see that my base had been burned, tnt'd and lava'd, but i understand that this is pvp. does that mean everyone is required to pvp? i hope not =/ but if it does then you can find me be preparing for battle in my little island fortress =p

oh and i would be more inclined to join/start a clan if the faction plugin was installed, i just dont like telling someone where i am and then expecting them to share my stuff nicely and then they could potentially steal all my stuff, nuke my base and run off laughing. but i understand that this is pseudo vanilla and that the server will probably not use factions, but if it did i would be more inclined to pvp and join/start a clan =D

oh and you wouldnt have to build a bedrock wall, that would prolly crash the server, just get borderguard
CCrh, your base is not going to be burned, tnt'd, and lava'd every day, unless you make it literally right next to spawn. Just look at Rev's PvP Castle- it's literally right next to spawn and it's still standing (and it's not even protected).

You are not required to PvP, if you don't want to PvP, stay at around the 5k border, or dig down. Read PvP guide.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/283 ... pvp-guide/
You'll be surprised at how large +/- 5k really is. Don't overreact.

Finally, this server probably will not be installing faction plugins, they're detrimental to PvP IMO (although feel free to start a factions suggestion in the forums). Learn which players to trust and which not to.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Well, I'll admit I have no idea what the consensus on this is ingame, but do you really think everybody outside the proposed boundary is going to be happy having to completely rebuild their base? You can't give them worldedit to move it, it'd get abused instantly, and you can't have admins move every base, it'd take days.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

Xestia wrote:Well, I'll admit I have no idea what the consensus on this is ingame, but do you really think everybody outside the proposed boundary is going to be happy having to completely rebuild their base? You can't give them worldedit to move it, it'd get abused instantly, and you can't have admins move every base, it'd take days.
I've spent a long time talking (weeks) to people ingame, and the overall consensus is in favor of the limit. There is some opposition though.

Admins could move the bases, we could easily set a limit to one copy per person. There's very very few people on the server atm.
trouble_354
[rawr]

Post by trouble_354 »

we are going to need to delete the map anyway. other wise some people near spawn will get an advantage if the map size was reset.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

trouble_354 wrote:we are going to need to delete the map anyway. other wise some people near spawn will get an advantage if the map size was reset.
Not really. Also, people near spawn are already at a disadvantage because they probably have relatively few items, smaller mines, and are altogether weaker, at least inventory/chest-wise.
trouble_354
[rawr]

Re: map limit

Post by trouble_354 »

I'm within 2k of spawn, I have maps of loads of locations, tunnels which span 1000s of blocks around spawn and bases set up all over the place with chests full of useless stuff.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

How are people near spawn going to get an advantage? It takes ~10 minutes to build a hidden base with all you need.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

So, if I am to start a vote on this, it would be 5k boundary, right?
ccrh
[rawr]

Post by ccrh »

sure i guess just so long as those whose houses are outside of 5k get a advance warning to when you will limit it or a chance to have it WE moved
trouble_354
[rawr]

Post by trouble_354 »

there's not really any point if its a 5k limit.

set the limit to 1k if its not enough increase it to 2k and so on.

also how about instead of resetting, you start a new map so everyone starts of fresh. just keep a backup of the old one.