Multiworld

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[OFFICIAL MAJORITY VOTE] Do this? (majority at end of vote get their way)

Poll ended at Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 37

joseph3114
still building aboveground

Re: Multiworld

Post by joseph3114 »

The only reason it got more 'no' votes is because of youngs activism in game. It's not a bribe, it's the same thing as political commercials.
There is nothing stopping you from campaigning in game in favor of voting 'yes'.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Youngs is most likely promising something in return for the vote. I doubt people come here and make a fourm account to vote no on a topic they know nothing about just because someone on the server said so.

And what about my argument against your PvP accessablility argument and tactics? It appears you disreguarded it. Did you forget to read it? Was it too long? Did you not see it? Or did you simply not have a good enough argument to counter it and can't accept that your arguement is wrong?

joseph3114

Post by joseph3114 »

The thread managed to grow an entire page between my visits.
Repost it.

Someone NOT being bribed is passionate enough about the issue to make an account and debate it.

Believe it or not people are capable of refusing to conform without being bribed.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:Re: Multiworld

by LoneSoldier55 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:52 pm

The only thing you argue is that not everyone will be able to participate in this PvP because of a Lack of Gear or Resources. Isn't that true, even for Countries around the world? Mexico decided to stand down from WW I because of internal conflict and not having the proper technology to fight back, and it served them well so they didn't get anihilated.

Besides, it is not impossible for an under-equipped person to kill another in very good equipment. Did you ever hear of the tale of the Amazing Mr. L? Who killed 4 diamond-wearing blokes, (One who happened to be a hacker), while wearing only iron armor? Didn't think so. Try using some tactics sometime. It might serve you better than sprinting at someone while rapidly pressing left click and throwing all the potions off of your hotbar.
This was posted 3 posts up above your last message. You obviously didn't read it, or are trying to disregard it.

Once again, I don't think these spawn rats really care about the issue. The spawn rats only want to piss people off, and that's pretty easily done by not giving people who aren't them what they want.
joseph3114

Post by joseph3114 »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:
LoneSoldier55 wrote:Re: Multiworld

by LoneSoldier55 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:52 pm

The only thing you argue is that not everyone will be able to participate in this PvP because of a Lack of Gear or Resources. Isn't that true, even for Countries around the world? Mexico decided to stand down from WW I because of internal conflict and not having the proper technology to fight back, and it served them well so they didn't get anihilated.

Besides, it is not impossible for an under-equipped person to kill another in very good equipment. Did you ever hear of the tale of the Amazing Mr. L? Who killed 4 diamond-wearing blokes, (One who happened to be a hacker), while wearing only iron armor? Didn't think so. Try using some tactics sometime. It might serve you better than sprinting at someone while rapidly pressing left click and throwing all the potions off of your hotbar.
This was posted 3 posts up above your last message. You obviously didn't read it, or are trying to disregard it.

Once again, I don't think these spawn rats really care about the issue. The spawn rats only want to piss people off, and that's pretty easily done by not giving people who aren't them what they want.
What were you expecting as a response to a metaphor about countries in war and someone who most likely used a lag hack to avoid damage?
My argument is that this change is bad, especially when it's fueled by people like you who have been sitting on their resources and want to spend them in a dumbed down version of the main world.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

joseph, you've barely responded to me. If you think his posts aren't good enough then respond to me. Just don't use the sole argument that his arguments are bad to refute this suggestion.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Sitting on their resources... Did you not read the tale of Mr. L? And you say people are able to think for themselves without being bribed... If this is true, then why have only, say, two or three of the nay-sayers stood for their opinions?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Someone who most likely used a lag hack to avoid damage?
I like how you immedialty dismiss this as impossible or that I hack. That's pretty funny how you don't argue against it and instead just accuse me of hacking.

Especially when it's fueled by people like you who have been sitting on thier resources and want to spend them in a dumbed down version of the main world.
I also enjoy how you think I'm some panzy-ass who sits on his throne of diamond all day. I hardly ever go to PvP. I don't usually go to spawn, and when I do, I get out as soon as I see someone else. I'm currently waiting in the nether for the limit to blow over so I can leave it. So I don't have to spend my time mindlessly killing people. The only reason we're doing this is because of the limit in the first place. A bunch of random people decided that not enough people were randomly killing each other, so we made the limit. Now everyone (including me) is mad that we can't leave to go to places where we want to go. So now we need a compromise between it, and this is the best one there is. I think you need to be a bit more open-minded to other suggestions and not just jump to conclusions of who's a hacker and who has what.
joseph3114

Post by joseph3114 »

@Xestia
A multiworld would not affect the rate at which people can gather materials, it would only affect the rate at which good players could raid materials. Why you would presume only 1/5 the server could afford to pvp I don't understand, the only people who would be incapable of gathering the materials to pvp would be spawnsters.
Couldn't afford to continually pvp.
By the end of the week, the island has turned into a guerilla warfare zone.
I hope this is a joke, if it's not, you obviously have never pvp'd on an anarchy server.
Yes, exactly. It's the same thing as the main world.

More lag
This is a straight-out lie. Multiworld allows multithreading = less lag.
We clearly have different experiences with Multiverse.

[4/5 of the server will be] locked out of the new pvp island
That requirement exists for everybody, whether they pvp in the normal world or on a pvp world.
So what does making a new world solve then?
It fails to address the actual problem, which is that people are more inclined to try and protect their base from being raided than to leave and 1. risk being caught, or 2. die with their gear on.
It does exactly address that problem, it allows people to with ease pvp with minimal risk to their base/stash.
But then that only reduces raiding, which is a fairly large aspect of the server.
This type of anarchy server is set up so that only people with continuous resources can fully enjoy it - which alienates a good majority of the server.
And all the regulars have continuous resources. It only alienates spawnsters.
And new players that would want to join. There will NEVER be more pvp by running off every new person that joins.
You can't force more interaction and you can't force more pvp.
You can't word it a specific way to make it sound like a bad idea. Saying a pvp world is forcing pvp onto people is like saying the nether forces people to travel far.
But isn't the end goal to force more pvp by creating a proving ground?
The ONLY way you will ever see more pvp is if the reward is greater than the risk.
The (monetary) reward is relative to the amount of players on your team versus the enemy team. If it's 2v2, the (monetary) reward is equal to the risk, if there are more people on the opposing team the reward is greater. Beyond that there's the also the fun, the bragging rights and the respect it gives you. I'm sure your going to dispute this, but regardless, your argument is against pvp in general, and is irrelevant to this multiworld in any way other than that it supposedly makes the multiworld unnecessary.
That's debatable. In the end, bragging rights are the only motivation. And that only motivates a small amount of people.
joseph3114

Post by joseph3114 »

Someone who most likely used a lag hack to avoid damage?
I like how you immedialty dismiss this as impossible or that I hack. That's pretty funny how you don't argue against it and instead just accuse me of hacking.
When something sounds too good to be true, it generally is. You can understand my skepticism.
Especially when it's fueled by people like you who have been sitting on thier resources and want to spend them in a dumbed down version of the main world.
I also enjoy how you think I'm some panzy-ass who sits on his throne of diamond all day. I hardly ever go to PvP. I don't usually go to spawn, and when I do, I get out as soon as I see someone else. I'm currently waiting in the nether for the limit to blow over so I can leave it. So I don't have to spend my time mindlessly killing people. The only reason we're doing this is because of the limit in the first place. A bunch of random people decided that not enough people were randomly killing each other, so we made the limit. Now everyone (including me) is mad that we can't leave to go to places where we want to go. So now we need a compromise between it, and this is the best one there is. I think you need to be a bit more open-minded to other suggestions and not just jump to conclusions of who's a hacker and who has what.
This is the first time in 33 pages you've actually given a logical reason in favor of it. I'm very open minded, but so far, no one until this post has given a reason more than "to increase pvp".

I agree, it sucks being locked down in your base at all time. I would love to be able to explore the map and trade without as many risks. But I don't see how making a world for pvp will actually change that. Unless pvp is being disabled or limited in the main world and I missed that somewhere.