Thoughts on a new map?

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
FoSchnizzleTheSecond
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Thoughts on a new map?

Post by FoSchnizzleTheSecond »

And they were discovered without someone following chunk borders, a portal, or given coords? Any decent person could cover those traces.
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

Ban nether roof travel. Make them dig their own tunnels instead of glitcing to the roof of the nether
FoSchnizzleTheSecond

Post by FoSchnizzleTheSecond »

I'm not particularly opinionated either way on the world reset, but I would like to see nether roof travel banned.
deflowvesper

Post by deflowvesper »

Yh i'd say ban roof access, not just it makes travelling way easier but also makes it easier to find portal which leads to bases. Nether roof access should have been banned in this first place.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

Can we stay on topic? If you really want to debate nether roof travel create a new thread.
kickem
in iron armor

Post by kickem »

Like I said before, keep dpy's server and use that for new biomes and play on yukar's one for what we are already doing

Its a compromise but not really too drastic
EggThief
in iron armor

Post by EggThief »

Yukar9 wrote:I personally am opposed to a reset, of any kind, as well.

This is a longterm server. One of our best qualities is that people can build here freely without having to worry about admins shutting down or ruining them over. This is what allowes people to make such incredible builds despite griefing being allowed.

With regards to the new content in 1.7, I find it pointless. I personally value the countless hours of work from the nearly 100 thousand people who have been on this server a lot more than some autogenerated stuff that is identical to what anybody could experience in singleplayer. I don't think it's worthwhile to throw away a human's creations in favor of a computer's. This longevity is exactly what has created this community.

With regards to the fun of everyone starting over, I entirely respect the desire for this. It can be extremely fun. I do not however believe that a reset is the best way to accomplish this. A restart will only do it temporarily, so we would have to continually restart it. I think it would be much better to think of ideas that do not involve resetting the main server. For example, one idea would be dpylz' old hc idea; a second server with deathban that is restarted every week.
You have a way with words Yukar. I no longer think it would be a good idea to reset the map. But I am curious of what you, and everyone else think about resetting the first +/- 150 blocks every once in a while to help new players get started.

I know some people will say if you're too dumb to figure that out you're too dumb to play here, but my thinking is the more noobs we have running around the better, because I know I don't like going after all the regulars because that can put you on bad terms. Now that I think about it the pvp world could be used for this but it's not well advertised at spawn so many newcomers don't know about it.