map limit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Add a 5k world boundary?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 52

pianiseemo
OP

Re: map limit

Post by pianiseemo »

Yukar9 wrote:So, if I am to start a vote on this, it would be 5k boundary, right?
5k, please. Also, can you count the positive posts and negative posts as votes?

Many people don't have time to keep coming to the forums, so just starting a poll will not be representative.
trouble_354
[rawr]

Post by trouble_354 »

I don't see the point in a limit if the limit means we have 25 million surface blocks between 5-10 people.

if you include all blocks from level 64 to bedrock its over 1 billion blocks. that means I have a 1 in a billion chance of finding a base by digging up a random block.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

500K if anything. This is just rediculous. There is no fun to be had in such a small space. nether would be no more than 500 radius. You all have lost your minds. If you want to play a fighting game go get a FPS this is a building game and there would be no point to building any thing in such a worthless area. And remember it would be half ocean. And no 1.9 map features cuz 5000 blocks have been well traveled by now.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

If you want to play a building game go to c.nerd.nu I've heard it's filled with intelligent individuals (such as yourself) who love building, which should suit you pretty well. Meanwhile this is a pvp server, player vs player, not player vs air.
ccrh
[rawr]

Post by ccrh »

I love this server, the fact that its vanilla and it still has plugins makes me happy. no point we cant have people who want to pvp live near spawn and those who dont can live further from spawn. sometimes those who want to pvp can go further to pvp/raid/grief/Whatever from spawn or perhaps we can have some sort of event wherein people go reeaallyy far from spawn and find bases (idk)
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

ccrh that's exactly how it is now, look at how much pvp there is, so obviously it doesn't work that way.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

I don't care about pvp this server is more than that. I'm here for the option of griefing. Even if i found people in a base I'd go away and come back when no one's home. With the difficulty i have in finding anarchy vanilla servers i would imagine finding a server that allows griefing/stealing but not pvp would be impossible to find. and rightly so there's no point to that but this is meant to be a huge versetile game. some players hide and strike in the shadows others run around like maniacs looking for fights with people that don't even have stuff to steal. If you all like living close to spawn go right a head no one is stopping you. I don't see why you feel you have to alienate players that don't want to play like you.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

If you did play like that and came back to spawn frequently to raid/grief bases I would agree with you, and I have no problem with people playing like that. The problem is people hiding 80k blocks from spawn and never venturing back in to play with other players. Essentially just using this server as a way to make pretty buildings.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

You all think spawn is some glorious feature that every one has to like playing around. All it is is a load in point for new players. What the fuck is the point of going back there? Steal from people who have nothing? If you all weren't so afraid of adventure and exploration I'm sure you'd find people. I'm out there making structures above ground they arn't that tricky to find and people have found them. I'd like to hear your arguments on that cuz 2 bases out bast 10,000 getting griefed within a month tells me that this area is far more active than you spawn rats think it is.
Wurmy
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Wurmy »

I'm strongly against this.

If the map has a limit not only will it be near impossible to hide from people, Resources will dwindle aswell since everyone's going to be mining and dying, Then mining again...