Re: server down?

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
leofanx
still building aboveground

Re: Server deadz?

Post by leofanx »

Must be crappy 1.8 - took a dozen times before I could logon. Thanks for checking/replying :)
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

How's the stability these days? I'm tempted to hold off playing much until either bukkit catches up to 1.8 or Notch improves the performance/stability issues .. whichever has a bigger impact.

What can I say, I like my game time to be as bug- and crash- free as possible and so far 1.8 isn't really meeting that.
leofanx

Post by leofanx »

until either bukkit catches up to 1.8
http://simplicitypvp.net/forum/viewtopi ... t=194#p789
Sidenote: At least we have Bukkit for 1.8 http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftb ... ble.37832/
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

SilasOfBorg wrote:How's the stability these days? I'm tempted to hold off playing much until either bukkit catches up to 1.8 or Notch improves the performance/stability issues .. whichever has a bigger impact.

What can I say, I like my game time to be as bug- and crash- free as possible and so far 1.8 isn't really meeting that.
Bukkit is pretty stable now, the ping bug was fixed, orb api was introduced so I could remove the orbs, and all those crash bugs seem to have been fixed. Go on and join, it's just as stable as 1.7 now.
leofanx

Post by leofanx »

and the lag seems to have subsided as well. Mind you there was less than 30 players when I checked, not sure if the ping will remain stable with 45-50.
sliderride
[rawr]

Post by sliderride »

It seems the damned Lag Orbs are causing at least the lag and possibly the crash too.

There is some plugin in bukit or smth that removes the excessive orbs (which are anyway useless)
CaptainKirov
OP

Post by CaptainKirov »

sliderride wrote:It seems the damned Lag Orbs are causing at least the lag and possibly the crash too.

There is some plugin in bukit or smth that removes the excessive orbs (which are anyway useless)
Orbs are already disabled on the server :)
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Yukar9 wrote:Bukkit is pretty stable now, the ping bug was fixed, orb api was introduced so I could remove the orbs, and all those crash bugs seem to have been fixed. Go on and join, it's just as stable as 1.7 now.
Cool. Thanks for the update, Yukar!
TheLea
[rawr]

Can't Reach Server, why?

Post by TheLea »

What's going on with the server when it says I can't reach it? If I try to connect it starts to log in, then time out.

Apparently it's down now?
TheLea
[rawr]

Re: Can't Reach Server, why?

Post by TheLea »

I was just building my Harbour and visitors centre, I am very sadeye that I can't finish that before I go to bed, OCD etc :'(