Mc v 1.3

General minecraft related topics
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: Mc v 1.3

Post by RevStoningpot »

yes but what is my LAN i know what it stands for but i don't know what it means. Is it having your computers wired together like an office network? Or is it just any one using my router's internet? Can I invite people from far away by giving then some kind of LAN details?
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

RevStoningpot wrote:yes but what is my LAN i know what it stands for but i don't know what it means. Is it having your computers wired together like an office network? Or is it just any one using my router's internet?
Both.
RevStoningpot wrote:Can I invite people from far away by giving then some kind of LAN details?
There is a tool called Hamachi, that simulates a LAN. Other than that, your LAN is invisible to people outside.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

People connected to the same router as you will be able to connect to it.

And if you're slightly tech-savvy there are ways of opening up the world.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

Like just use the server software? But wait,
Gnatogryz wrote:...from a technical point of view, there will be no difference between Single and Multiplayer. Which means they won't have to work on SP and MP bugs separately...
Will there still be server software? Will you need to use the
Yukar9 wrote:slightly tech-savvy way
too run the server now?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

LAN Entails everyone on your local network. Every single computer connected to your router can also connect to your SP game. Hamachi stimulates a VPN, Virtual Private Network, which means anyone within your servers who's connected on your Hamachi can also join your games.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

No, running multiplayer games doesn't change at all.

It just means that they included the server software into the client, and now when you start singleplayer up what it really does is start a multiplayer server and autoconnect to the server it just started.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

It would be crazy to have some one hack into your single player game. Sounds like a path may be open for that to be done.
waronchickens97
in diamond armor

Post by waronchickens97 »

You don't have to open up your games to lan, and players not on your router would need to connect via hamachi which requires permission.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

but the pathway for it to be open exists. A real hacker could do it i'm sure. As long as your computer connected to the internet it wouldn't matter if you opened the pathway or they did. If hackers can bypass government defence computers, they can probably get by notch's security.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

From what i've read: The game will now be even more of a resource hog because even if you just play single player you now need to run your cpu as if you are hosting an online server.