Starter kit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
SolFuji
in iron armor

Re: Starter kit

Post by SolFuji »

Just one last question: How many skilled players / non noob players got to this server, got away from spawn anyhow and are part of the population now? And how many just said, I don't know this devastated place, why should I waste my time?
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:No starter kits are needed if you have some common sense, and if you don't, then this isn't the right server.
Indeed. The current spawn successfully protects us from people like "where can i greiif". We could make the start a little bit easier, not through kits though.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

hai guyz, dis servr was on a list of servrs tht r gud 4 greefing. wher cn i b leik tem avo an maek ppl mad?
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

Since there are still people bitching about not being able to find trees before starving, I put this at spawn:

:)
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

For whatever reason mojang decided to make people starve faster. We may need to reevaluate this idea.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

I haven't noticed that. And I've been starting from scratch earlier this week - it's still possible. But if you're right, it will be harder than on my vid. You've just killed my buzz.
suit
[rawr]

Post by suit »

yesterday i started from scratch too - it took about an hour to have a full set of iron armor, a wheat farm and chest full of melons (i found one lonesome melon out there)

if you walk carfully, you will reach the treeline with wasting about 3 hunger - and though the server is on hard, smacking a skeleton or zombie with bare hands is very easy too
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

^ Who are you? what is your in game name?
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I'm pretty sure he's suit in the game. Maybe with some random numbers. I did a test run, granted it was made easier by some one that had already made a bridge over the wastes. With out that i would have spent a few lives building my own. But i was able to secure food and wood with only one life and maybe a half hour of play. So yes hunger is worse but any slightly intelligent player can over come. Survival is still pretty easy, as I see it.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

Yeah, i was just on and saw him. I never saw him on before today though.