Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[OFFICIAL] Disallow going above the nether top?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 32

LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

No, because if you haven't noticed, Mojang isn't exactly a top-tier dev team and they're more focused on squeezing some more cents out of their dwindling fanbase then fixing an obvious flaw in the game mode.

Like releasing stained glass and new biomes that these minetards eat up without actually looking at the game's flaws.
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

miniwimi wrote:
el_andres96 wrote:
LoneSoldier55 wrote:
el_andres96 wrote:I never said X-ray is something that should be allowed. X-ray is a cheat, a modifier you get for your game, Mojang has no control over x-ray mods so he can not fix it or make them non-functional in any way. On the other hand, Mojang can fix the access to the nether roof by simply adding a second flat bedrock level. Yet, they have not fix it, and I think it's because they don't see it as a glitch themselves anymore.
I'd like a quote on this, otherwise you're just >implying things.
I was quoting miniwimi and mitte
I wasn't qouting you. I was qoutin mitte.
What do you mean you weren't quoting him? Mitte said by 'el_andres' logic' X-ray should be allowed. And you reply back "by your logic" as if it was Mitte's logic
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

For this to take effect, I'd like a concrete proposal to be formulated.

Do we want to consider it a glitch? Do we want to consider it a hack? Do we want to add a fourth rule forbidding it?
el_andres96

Post by el_andres96 »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:No, because if you haven't noticed, Mojang isn't exactly a top-tier dev team and they're more focused on squeezing some more cents out of their dwindling fanbase then fixing an obvious flaw in the game mode.

Like releasing stained glass and new biomes that these minetards eat up without actually looking at the game's flaws.
Yes, I can agree with you that Mojang isn't exacly the best dev team. But, I don't think the access to the roof have not been fixed because of lazyness instead because they don't want to conside it as a glitch but as a feature.

There has been lots of glitches fixed in the past updates, lots of bugs fixed. Yet, they have not not tried to fix the nether roof access.like kenny said, enderpearls were disabled when you are close to the roof. But I don't see that as a way of trying to fix it, instead a way of making players find a more complex way to get on top.
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

Yukar9 wrote:For this to take effect, I'd like a concrete proposal to be formulated.

Do we want to consider it a glitch? Do we want to consider it a hack? Do we want to add a fourth rule forbidding it?
I'd consider a glitch. There's really not much else to define it.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

It should be disallowed, but not perma-bannable. Punishment should be something like 3 day ban and get sent back to spawn.
el_andres96

Post by el_andres96 »

re-posting reply

LoneSoldier55 wrote:No, because if you haven't noticed, Mojang isn't exactly a top-tier dev team and they're more focused on squeezing some more cents out of their dwindling fanbase then fixing an obvious flaw in the game mode.

Yes, I can agree with you that Mojang isn't exacly the best dev team. But, I don't think the access to the roof have not been fixed because of lazyness instead because they don't want to conside it as a glitch but as a feature.

There has been lots of glitches fixed in the past updates, lots of bugs fixed. Yet, they have not not tried to fix the nether roof access.like kenny said, enderpearls were disabled when you are close to the roof. But I don't see that as a way of trying to fix it, instead a way of making players find a more complex way to get on top.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

el_andres96 wrote:re-posting reply

its easyer now to get to the roof.. disabling enderpearls near the roof was a lazy attempt to fix it. sadly the reason u can go up to the roof is a feature to fix that u can spawn into block that to a lazy fix. even if they laid a second layer of bedrock will not fix this (i think).

for yukar maybe do so u cant place blocks on the nether roof? its not a problem that people can get up there.. its more a problem that people can build there ( portals )
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

^^ Exactly what I was thinking. Though we'd also want to get rid of existing portals or make them unusable
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

el_andres96 wrote:re-posting reply

Mojang has better issues to fix than running on a roof which isn't a problem for them. Fixing such a minor bug in their eyes isn't going to get them anything better. Mojang is not making it a "challenge" or an "event" of sorts, they are simply lazy assholes and you're basing this argument off of an implication that MAYBE they intended for it to happen.

They didn't. Walking on the nether roof is a bannable offense and should have the person sent back to spawn, repeat offenses are permabannable.