map limit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Add a 5k world boundary?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 52

Box
in iron armor

Re: map limit

Post by Box »

If i look beyond the fact that I want to save my own shit, since my excrement is precious to me, I vote against the map limit just because.. Well, because that's why I play here. I pvp occasionally, but the griefing free for all mumbo jumbo is what is dragging me back here. We were given an open world with no restrictions as long as it's fair play, and I wouldn't like seeing it any other way.
xH0ly_On3x
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by xH0ly_On3x »

I can see why you'd want a map limit, but having a map limit would mean that there would be very little resources, and you would die every single day, unless you want that, keep no map limit
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

It's not just a load point for new players, it's a common meeting place where players can get together. Spawn isn't special because new players start there, spawn is special because it's the only place where people can meet up. I don't think anybody is afraid of exploration, the reason exploring far away from spawn isn't frequently done is because it's boring, it takes a long time, and it takes even longer to actually find something. If you checked logs I'd guarantee the guy finding your place did so either by betraying you and being told coordinates, or by stalking you to your base. And even if they really were found by chance, two raided bases in a month is a very small amount, so even if the activity is real it's very low activity, far too low to be considered a real challenge.

Wurmy, are you high?

Box, while I see the perfection not having a world boundary brings, the fact is that a server with a world boundary is better than a server with no combat.

Holy One, a couple days after the map reset I made a hidden underground base 1.6k blocks from spawn, guess what, it still hasn't been discovered. Your base is only going to get raided every day if you build it in some retarded way making it obvious to everybody walking over it.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I'll take Xestia's advice and just start a vote. You guys have had long enough to talk this out.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

This is about freedom people no one forces people to go out far and nobody should force people to not go out far. I find it rather retarded when people use voting to get rid of freedom. Like when every one votes for the emporer to take over the galaxy. If you don't want to go far out then by all means stay in your comfort zone limiting the map will just make all those who's homes were deleted just leave the server not start over in you're tiny shit hole. And Xestia you can meet people any where in the world and the fact that i was betrayed by someone who knew my coords proves that. A person can create a hub of sorts any where. And my second base was found by chance by another living in the area.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

By that logic isn't this server also restricting your freedom by not allowing hacks?

If this server was doing okay I would agree with you, but the problem is that this server's pvp is dead, thanks to the idea of 'people should be allowed to build far from spawn and never interact with other people' this server is now primarily a creative server, where people try to build large pretty structures instead of raiding, and that's what's really retarded. This is an anarchy server, not a creative server, this suggestion would finally change it back into an anarchy server. Yes it would restrict peoples freedom, and rightfully so, if restricting peoples freedom is a necessity to keep this server alive, then I see no problem in it (and every country on earth agrees http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law)
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

you arn't going to get the server active by alienating half the players how does that make any sence in that nazi brain of yours
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Actually it will become active, and I'm pretty sure there are more people close to spawn than further from spawn. But it definitely will not become active again if nothing is changed, so the decision isn't very hard.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Additionally, this is a pvp server, not a creative server. If you want to go far from spawn and make pretty looking buildings then go to a creative server.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

Of coarse it's not a creative server that's why i play here. allowed pvp and griefing give the game a challange that's not availible in single player. It's a matter of 'can i get this built before some one destroys it'. And the better the build the cooler the ruins.