Old Spawn Topics

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Xestia
OP

Re: My Opposition to the New Spawn

Post by Xestia »

It's the difficulty of killing somebody running towards spawn. When you're at 1k, and somebody runs from you, you're not guaranteed that they'll get away. It is possible (and very very likely) that they mess up a jump or something, allowing you to swoop in and kill them. It's not just running, it's a constant fight those 1k blocks for who can run fastest, and where you can potentially slow them (potions, water, bow.) I'm saying it's a fight in itself, and it shouldn't be looked down upon as something that shouldn't exist at all.

Yes, you are allowed to lava people at spawn now, as you said yourself it's a reasonable loss, but that's still a loss. So why can't we suffer a reasonable loss here as well?
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

So why can't we suffer a reasonable loss here as well?
Are you saying that you'll slay people who run into spawn?
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

No, I'm saying we get a new form of combat and a much more active spawn.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

No, I'm saying we get a new form of combat
So you want to use plugins to "spice" the server up?

I'm not sure most people will be in favor of that-
The map limit made the server lose some of it's "vanilla".

But the map limit removed some of the gameplay, not changing it.
We were also in a demand for more PVP at that time.

Right now, we're not in a demand for changing PVP.
Some of us are still getting used to the new potions- and you want to change it?
PVP is good as it is, we just want more of it. Changing it won't do anything good.
I'm in favor of a map limit but not this.

Ask yourself these two questions:

Do you still feel like you're playing vanilla if you see a few more natural fights if a plugin gave them a higher chance of them running into you? (Map limit)

Do you still feel like you're playing vanilla if you just saved your life using a plugin? (PVP free safe zone)
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

I'd also like to mention that this new form of combat isn't worth it anyway;

It's too easy to escape combat at spawn- rather than a long term high speed chase of a fight, we get fights consisting of a few strikes of a sword and then a person running into spawn.
You may like it, but if you're going to remove some vanilla into the server the last place you should put this... "De-vanilla" into is our PVP.

I'm fine with a plugin modifying how my bed works but in my opinion (I think many others opinion as well) a horrible place for a plugin to modify a vanilla server would be our PVP.

Most likely our most complex, and fun aspect to vanilla, changed?

The spawn is taking the best part of vanilla and making it not-vanilla.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Not trying to insult you, but this feels like I'm talking to cleverbot, as if only my last post was taken into consideration and none of my previous.

A protected spawn won't spice the server up, it'll give a nicer and more relaxed spawn, what I mentioned were what made the loss reasonable.

Ask yourself this question:

Even if there's no protected spawn, can you still save your life by running?

and the answer to your questions:

No

No

Edit: Response to new post #14

But does it edit the pvp? If you're inside the glowstone, then yes. If you're not, then running into spawn is the same as running in a random direction, to avoid being killed.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

By taking your previous posts into consideration (lololol), it does look like you're trying to say that it will spice PVP up, noting that you believed it will bring us a new form of PVP.

I'm sorry Xestia, but I don't want to take the sacrifice of horrible, pointless, PVP within 1k just for a prettier spawn.
I think a good compromise to a nicer spawn is to get a good builder working on the old spawn. Take a look at the spawn of c.nerd.nu - a massive structure yet easy to get out of and it would still look good if it was a tall building over the sea.

Ofcourse I don't want a spawn as big as that- but we can still make a practical yet pretty spawn up high.

And no matter how pretty our spawn is right now, it's just not worth the effects on PVP. It's an unreasonable loss.

How does it edit PVP outside the glowstone border? Let me bring you back to my story. If that 1k chase took place right now, he would've made it to spawn alive.

You can save your life by running, but a protected area almost guarentees it. A 5k chase that ends in the hunter winning can turn into 300 block chase ending with the hunted getting to spawn alive.
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

I talked about the spawn in my list of proposals.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

sounds like young is just a pissed off spawn camper. Guess what this isn't an FPS you don't get any rankings for racking up noob kills
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

RevStoningpot wrote:sounds like young is just a pissed off spawn camper. Guess what this isn't an FPS you don't get any rankings for racking up noob kills