Moving the spawn

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Mattias480
still building aboveground

Re: Moving the spawn

Post by Mattias480 »

Ok, let's do it that way, as you and Fo suggest.
Elocphant

Post by Elocphant »

Jeez guys! We haven't even tried Lone's idea of cleaning up the floating shenanigans at spawn in the first place! You guys are rushing this decision and acting rashly. This is a major decision and moving the spawn should be the last resort, only used when everything else doesn't work! Not many people log on this server in the first place and most are immediately diverted to the PvpWorld when someone mentions it. Please, lets take some time with this decision and take smaller measures first.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Fine, there could be a "clean up floating junk" option on the poll. The idea is to take a general opinion poll of everything. Nobody wants a final vote.

Honestly I think just cleaning floating junk would have too small an effect and come too slowly. We need the summer rush, and we need it as soon as possible. You don't fix a broken bone with a bandaid.

I'll settle for it if it's all we can get, but let's at least take a poll to see what people think of different ideas.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

A. Pippenger wrote:Fine, there could be a "clean up floating junk" option on the poll. The idea is to take a general opinion poll of everything. Nobody wants a final vote.

Honestly I think just cleaning floating junk would have too small an effect and come too slowly. We need the summer rush, and we need it as soon as possible. You don't fix a broken bone with a bandaid.

I'll settle for it if it's all we can get, but let's at least take a poll to see what people think of different ideas.
You do in DayZ.
Bandages and sticks heal bones instantly. Check your medical.
Mattias480

Post by Mattias480 »

So let's wait for the poll. I wonder when it's going to happen..
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Since becoming a spawn rat, I've grown rather attached to the horrific mismash of burned out and broken down crap in the surrounding 1k blocks or so. If we move spawn every time it gets "ruined", I think we lose something.

My nickel, you have it.
Mattias480

Post by Mattias480 »

We lose something(players) everyday, by doing nothing. We don't lose actually anything, the old area remains, where it is. Oh yes, we all love lag, people leaving, no interaction. Few people playing alone far away or in groups 200k away. There's lot more to win, than to lose. You're just talking something, that someone else likes to hear.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I'd like to repeat that this server has always had its ups and downs, and despite this it'll always be running, no matter how many people are playing.

This server is 3 years old. We've had periods where you could sleep the night away almost any time, and we've had periods where the server was filled up. Even if the server is completely deserted this summer (unlikely as I think we'll still have our core players no matter what,) there's nothing to say it won't pick up again in September. Or October. Or November. Or 2015. Or 2016. This one summer isn't our only chance ever.

That being said, I'll start the vote soon.
Elocphant

Post by Elocphant »

Mattias480 wrote:Everyone who says something that i disagree with is sucking up to someone else. Everyone else is a bot with no real opinion. I'm the only one who can truly think for myself.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Eloc could you cut that out? It's obnoxious. It also adds nothing to the discussion.