Old Spawn Topics

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Re: My Opposition to the New Spawn

Post by YoungsMC »

Bloop the poop wrote:If this server went down permanently I would prob not play MC anymore- this is my only server, and I love it. 11/10
That doesn't mean it's completely flawless.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

No server is completely flawless...nothing is.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

Bloop the poop wrote:No server is completely flawless...nothing is.
I thought you were posting about your love for the server trying to say that the server is perfect as it is and there's no need to change anything, was it just irrelevant?
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Smaller spawn?

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Exactly that. Should/could/would it be better if the protected area within spawn was reduced? Less "where can I build" along with less combatlogging within spawn (hopefully). Ideas? Feedback? Yay? Nay?
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Smaller spawn?

Post by worldruler086 »

FoSchnizzle wrote:Exactly that. Should/could/would it be better if the protected area within spawn was reduced? Less "where can I build" along with less combatlogging within spawn (hopefully). Ideas? Feedback? Yay? Nay?
Although personally I'd like a spawn that was where we spawned and nothing else (as in, we'd spawn in the wilderness, and nothing fancy), I don't really think the spawn is of the most dire issue. Of course, I haven't been at the spawn since 1.8 roughly 2 months ago, so I don't know how bad the issue is. (I've been trained to assume spawn is only a great place to die.) This may help with the "Where can I build" noobs, but not the combatlogging. That's not something that will fix easily. So, I guess consider me a "aye", although admittedly I'm also a bit indifferent.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I think we should definitly get rid of the glowstone boarder and have zero protection right up to the bedrock. And inside the bedrock border (which could be smaller) it would be full protection. Using two high walls with sparse ladders could make returning to spawn possible but still tough enough to make it less easy as a combat escape.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

I like the idea of having it almost impossible to escape combat by going into the bedrock border, but it has to be super tough to be effective.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

single ladders would make a player have to jump up to use it that would be a little harder and only have one on each side the space right around bedrock would need to be griefless for ladders but could also be a 1 wide mote. come to think of it three spaces should be protected to keep people from putting stairs right next to the wall 3 should be good enough without being to much for space for safe logging out
RevStoningpot
Moron

Old Spawn Topics

Post by RevStoningpot »

These are all the former suggestions about spawn reform.