Moving the spawn

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
TLRedemption
Noob

Re: Moving the spawn

Post by TLRedemption »

I think it will do the lad good to see the way he's acting summed up.
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

I talked to someone recently about what will happen if the spawn area is reset. It will leave a permanent reminder of admin interference in the form of a cliff at 1k or whatever area is going to be reset.
Mattias480
still building aboveground

Post by Mattias480 »

I don't think that way, as eloc tries to show. Everyone has a opinion, I'm just worried that people let influence their decision by others. Whatever the result be, i hope something good will come out of this. I really am sorry, if I insulted anyone. No-one has talked about spawn-reset. That would be a bad idea IMO. Btw nothing will get resetted by moving spawn...
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

Miniwimi had mentioned resetting the area around spawn for several hundred blocks. Maybe I should have quoted it. Anyways though, that is what I was responding to.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

If you want the suggestion to be specific before the vote, then write up an exact proposal for the suggestion. Otherwise I'll just write a short generic one, and then we can figure out the details afterwards.

If I understand it correctly, we've got 4 suggestions:
  • Moving the spawn.
  • Random spawning.
  • Spawn reset.
  • Starter world.
I do not consider "cleaning up the floating junk" a real suggestion, that's not really a change to the server. If somebody wants just the floating junk cleaned up, then there's nothing preventing you from doing it yourself.
Melvin3000

Post by Melvin3000 »

Yukar9 wrote:
  • Starter world.
Would the starter world be /world?
Elocphant

Post by Elocphant »

You also forgot another one Yukar9.

Just doing nothing at all. Put that on the poll as well.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Agreed, some of us are happy with the status quo no matter how many noobs get scared off by the wasteland.
Mattias480

Post by Mattias480 »

I have travelled the map alot and I've seen new biomes at around 30k. I would suggest moving the spawn at that distance somewhere. That could be option 1. Moving the spawn any closer, doesn't have much point IMO. People only get old chunks to play in. So, first option: Moving the spawn to new biomes, could be the first choice. This would simply cure so many problems. But there could still be an option to a closer distance, lets say 5k. If it makes the lag better, it's good. But, then new players still have to travel for hours to reach new biomes. So, option 2: Moving the spawn to 5k.
----
Random spawning- my offer would be to 4k. You can find pretty much untouched areas there. So, third option: Random spawning to 4k.
----
Spawn reset- It could be an option. But I doubt, that many will support it.
----
Starter world- lately I've suggested to many newcomers, to go to /world. To build a base, collect ores and get started. There's no lag, no hostile mobs. Also most of the action takes place there (interaction). So I agree with Melvin, it serves already as a starter world.
----
Doing nothing- Why to do nothing, when most don't interact with new players at all and are lightyears away from spawn? Nothing is threatening these old players anyway, and the chances will rise to get more players, by doing something.What do you have to lose? Still, fair would be to add this as an option.

So in short:
1)Moving the spawn to new biomes
2)Moving the spawn to 5k
3)Random spawning to 4k
4)Spawn reset
5)Don't change anything
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Doing nothing would just be a No vote on everything.

Starter world would be /world, yes. It has been suggested, so it's on the list.