How to survive PVP

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

How to survive PVP

Post by RevStoningpot »

Run! log in and start running. Once you hit trees stop for wood and get some tools. Then dig down a bit to get supplied. Once you're tooled up and armored run some more. If you get caught at night just log off for 10 minutes. Get 2000-3000 blocks out then set up a deep underground base. From here you should be able to run your affairs safely. Don't forget to set a bed. And set them along your travel just in case. Feel free to post tips here.
crookedstep
[rawr]

Re: How to survive PVP

Post by crookedstep »

Honestly, anything less than 10000 is just dangerous. I was 15000 blocks out and found the remains of someone who'd been in front of me for about 10 minutes. Little things like blocks left not picked up, little 3x3 holes dug out with torches and crafting benches in them. Anyway, I found the guy, eventually. Well, his stuff a least, at the bottom of a ladderless shaft in a big lapis lazuli block house built on some ice. Shame, really. Wanted to meet the guy in person.

Here's a tip for FINDING people's bases... Any sort of beacon is a dead give away. Sometimes people will forget where exactly their base is, and put a 1x1 column with torches up to guide them back when it gets dark. Search thouroughly near them, and look straight underground for any nameplates floating around down there, those are a dead giveaway. Make sure you're in sneak mode, so they can't see you snooping around topside, too!

Just remember, that when concealing your own hideout, press F3 and write down the exact coordinates to your bases entrance. This almost guarentees remaining hidden and avoids those horribly obvious beacons that cause many a player their downfall. Oh, and make sure to keep your dog quiet. They bark loud.

That's all for now!
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

good tips. Alway keep the land above your base pristine so people passing through think it's untouched wilderness. But as for dogs just get rid of them. People can see there seriel number with F3 and they sit still unlike mobs so a skilled searcher could tell the difference and dig to them. Also even though xray is forbbiden it's good to keep it in mind when hiding your base.
Trance104
Donator

Post by Trance104 »

I highly suggest running as far out as possible for any "secure" base. 5000+ at least, but the more, the safer.

Also, once you find a good place, make sure you're on leveled ground. You don't want to tunnel through any mountains, you just want to go STRAIGHT down. I don't even recommend a staircase. Just a ladder.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Any more than 5000 will make it troublesome getting back to spawn.
crookedstep
[rawr]

Post by crookedstep »

Why would you ever want to back there? O_o
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

on a different pvp server i made a nether rout back to spawn it's a pretty fast way to get back and forth. I was 8000 4000 away and the walk through nether took about 5 minutes
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

crookedstep wrote:Why would you ever want to back there? O_o
Well if you're just going to sit around and hide in a hole all day there's no point in playing multiplayer.
CaptainKirov
OP

Post by CaptainKirov »

crookedstep wrote:Honestly, anything less than 10000 is just dangerous. I was 15000 blocks out and found the remains of someone who'd been in front of me for about 10 minutes. Little things like blocks left not picked up, little 3x3 holes dug out with torches and crafting benches in them. Anyway, I found the guy, eventually. Well, his stuff a least, at the bottom of a ladderless shaft in a big lapis lazuli block house built on some ice. Shame, really. Wanted to meet the guy in person.
Yup, I once saw some burning forests 4k blocks away.

Detection of a well hidden base without xray is almost impossible though. I make the entrance of all my bases in the middle of a lake. The entrance is a 1x1 ladder shaft covered with a dirt block.

I had a base at 285,295 and one at 560,710 and they both survived for months.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

I had a base 3000 out in both directions with a giant tree house tnt trap for a good long while no one ever came out there but just recently i found it blown up with a pile of stuff at the foot of it. Luckily I moved my base not that it would have been found. But the trap is a good way to know if people have been in the area. Also as a mater of fires. Finding a forest fire does not prove people have been in the area it could me the oppisate that newly generated lava has caught fire to the newly generated trees.