/spawn

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
dpy
OP

/spawn

Post by dpy »

Hey all.
Some of you may have noticed that /spawn was recently accidentally enabled for a few days. Personally, I feel it brought a good amount of action to a generally quiet server, and I'd support enabling it permanently (or, at least until Multiworld arrives). It seemed to encourage a fair amount of combat, and would in the long run likely encourage players interested in PVP to build closer to the spawn (so that they can return to their base quickly). The only issue I see is that of combat logging / combat TPing, which would be solved by a simple delay timer like many other servers implement.

What are your thoughts on the matter? This isn't an admin poll, I'm just curious.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Re: /spawn

Post by oldolwa »

I like the idea. I personally can't see myself using it very often...perhaps to make a trade or two. Wouldn't it be easier to just get multiworld, though? i suppose in the meantime however, this would be a good idea seeing as it did in fact increase pvp.
drummerboy929
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by drummerboy929 »

yes! bring it back... it was so much easier and you could go back to spawn quick at night. Also, even in the few days it was on, I used it to trade and fight people.

BRING BACK /SPAWN
KaiCrafty
[rawr]

Post by KaiCrafty »

If it goes through a cooldown is a must. 30secs or so. Just so people cant easily run away.

But personally I don't want it back.
drummerboy929
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by drummerboy929 »

yes! bring it back... it was so much easier and you could go back to spawn quick at night. Also, even in the few days it was on, I used it to trade and fight people.

BRING BACK /SPAWN

*edit* make it so we have to wit 30 sec without moving before we can tp to spawn. that way people can't drop out of fights.
KaiCrafty
[rawr]

Post by KaiCrafty »

Why did you post the same thing twice?

And people can still always drop out of fights sadly. Just need to log off.

Instead of a /spawn a pvplog prevention would be cooler. Like leaving a dummy in when you log out for a short time or something, I have seen it on some other servers.
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

unless there is a long ass timer prior to teleporting, I'm not for it.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

I'd say the timer should be about 5-10 mins. That way if somebody in the distance spots you you can't just tp away.
oldolwa
in iron armor

Post by oldolwa »

Bloop, why the hell are you commenting on this? you don't play on the server anymore.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Bloop the poop wrote:I'd say the timer should be about 5-10 mins. That way if somebody in the distance spots you you can't just tp away.