New PvP world is up

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Xestia
OP

Re: New PvP world is up

Post by Xestia »

RevStoningpot wrote:why do you expect people to build "below"? Sounds rather dull at any rate.
Because why not? Because people will, some people will probably build up too, sure, but the underground would be the main attraction
RevStoningpot wrote:how does glass make it possible to have hidden bases?
Xestia wrote:and so we'd begin seeing an abundance of opaque blocks below.
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

So practically a world that is simply glass, I still don't get how the glass makes it possible to have hidden bases. It would just make it even harder, maybe I just don't understand what you exactly mean, could you explain?
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

KennyKatsu wrote:So practically a world that is simply glass, I still don't get how the glass makes it possible to have hidden bases. It would just make it even harder, maybe I just don't understand what you exactly mean, could you explain?
I'm still sorta confused but the idea is that we see peoples bases below, therefore encouraging pvp in the pvp world.
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

Yes, I got that, but that just makes it impossible to make hidden bases.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

yeah i see no reason why people would make an underground "hideout" if every one could see it. People would just build on the surface. Also glass would cut out mob spawning.
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger1 »

The first pvp world was great for stashes so you could move massive amounts of items from one base to the other. It was sorta too big for pvp, I seldom saw any noobs or players looking for a fight in my sights.

The second pvp world was terrible, way too much water, it felt too small too. I remember it was possible for us to build outside of the border walls and enderpearls didn't work.

The third pvp world is an improvement, but kinda makes me feel like I'm a gerbil with all those glass tubes above me. Also, what was with that castle thing?

So here's what pvp should be like in my opinion:

No massive bedrock/glass walls around the border for starters, it looks non-vanilla anarchy. The land used for each new pvp world should have about 50% land at least and a good mix of biomes. No structures made in creative, legit structures generated by the game only.
Maybe a spawn point to the pvp world that resembles the overworld spawn but miniaturized and protected (also an option to randomly spawn in pvp world or at the spawn there. A size roughly around 400-400. And of course, no nether portal or end portal.
Each time someone wants it changed to a new one we should have a vote to make sure most of the players want it changed.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I didn't mean it would be more secure than underground is now, I meant that it was possible.

The current pvp world is already a mess. With the first it never got griefed because it was so big, and with the second it was all water. But this one, being land, is severely griefed already.

I disagree it should be 400-400, I think the current size is perfect. 400-400 would be pushing the limits of running into other people.

I agree we shouldn't have creative structures anymore, just a nice plain map.

I think the current map is getting destroyed too fast, I'm thinking we reset it more regularly (once a month.)

I think we should just go with randomness. Waterworlds can be fun, just so long as we don't get them every time.
FoSchnizzleTheSecond

Post by FoSchnizzleTheSecond »

I think a bi-weekly reset of natural terrain, a new biome each time, would be nice. Same size as it is now.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

The size is too small as you can see to the walls in every direction when you stand in the center. 400x400 sounds good enough for those that want it small and those that want it bigger. i also agree that massive walls of any block are bad. I know i was the one who suggested a perimiter wall but i just meant something small so you could see the edge is there and turn around before getting all glitched out with the warping around. I support a more frequent reset but more on the lines of monthly not every fortnight. And i don't think any one needs to be polled or warned when it happens. I'm not a fan of the premade pvp world idea, but i would like a little thought put into it. Like don't just take the first terrain that gets spawned. Try to grab a junction point of multiple biomes for some diversity. Though i can't say i'd be against a single biome world supposing it's a nice looking map.