Advertisements

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
Yukar9
Admin

Advertisements

Post by Yukar9 »

Okay, so, nobody here is currently doing any advertising whatsoever. I haven't updated any of our page rankings for a couple months. I tried to keep our ads updated and make them nice and so on, but honestly it's not enjoyable to do. And we get a decent amount of players regardless, so I sort of just quit. Now, I'd like to open up for discussion what to do about advertisements, or if we event want to actively advertise this server (I'd imagine some people don't want the server to grow too much.)

Now, my first thought was to hand out the duty of updating the servers page on server lists to various people (not necessarily ops, but definitely has to be regulars.)

Then I'm more or less just looking for more input on this. And spamming this server in other servers, on videos or on the forum is not acceptable. That suggestion we do not need.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Re: Advertisements

Post by MisterStrawman »

Wouldn't want it overdone, but it's nice when there's a fairly steady stream of noobs lurking. Just to save some work, maybe just put a sign at spawn linking to our page(s) on topsites, and tell them to vote. Maybe offer diamonds if they vote, and when they do, don't give them the diamonds anyway.
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

KennyKatsu wrote:http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/124466/ been updating and voting here
Haha, that's great. Could you maybe compile a list of our pages on server lists? Maybe get help from miniwimi since it seems he wants to help. Some of the page listings have been up for over 2 years, so if possible it'd be better if you could update old ones instead of creating new ones, in these cases I'll gladly provide you with passwords.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

MisterStrawman wrote:Wouldn't want it overdone, but it's nice when there's a fairly steady stream of noobs lurking. Just to save some work, maybe just put a sign at spawn linking to our page(s) on topsites, and tell them to vote. Maybe offer diamonds if they vote, and when they do, don't give them the diamonds anyway.
If they create a list of pages to vote on, we can just link to that list. You're free to put up a sign for this.
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

Sure if I get the passes I can update all of them.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Yukar, I used to go through the sites listed in "helping the server" about once a week. Done it a couple times since I came back, does that still "help" (ie are those up to date)?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Some of them should be. Silas, could you list which ones are up-to-date and which aren't so I'll know which passes to give to you?
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Working:

PlanetMinecraft
minecraftservers.net
minestatus.net
MCServers.org
MinecraftServers.org

Need account:

mcserverlist.net
Minecraft Forums (do I? I didn't see a vote button)

Broken:
minecraft-server-list.com (doesn't take you to simplicity entry, just main page)
ServerlistMinecraft.com (couldn't vote, broken?)
KennyKatsu

Post by KennyKatsu »

SilasOfBorg wrote:minecraft-server-list.com (doesn't take you to simplicity entry, just main page)
But... What do you mean? It's supposed to take you to the main page.