Getting around

General minecraft related topics
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

Getting around

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger1 »

Hey all,
since the new update travel on top of the nether is no longer possible... which really sucks. So I was ticked when I learned this, but also glad too.
I built my name on top of the nether so now it will never be destroyed! I guess and it'll make living near spawn somewhat safer but anyways,

I want to know how you guys that are really far out will ever return on foot to spawn or go to someone else's base or whatever.
What are your means of transportation for distances over 100k or so? I decided to walk back to spawn through the nether fighting ghasts and wading in lava, but it's a painful trip.
Besides nether trails and railways what other methods could be used to travel as fast and efficiently as possible in the nether? Any ideas?

This also ruined my plan to go 1.5 million out too... Stink.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: Getting around

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Mr_Hole_Digger1 wrote:Hey all,
since the new update travel on top of the nether is no longer possible... which really sucks. So I was ticked when I learned this, but also glad too.
I built my name on top of the nether so now it will never be destroyed! I guess and it'll make living near spawn somewhat safer but anyways,

I want to know how you guys that are really far out will ever return on foot to spawn or go to someone else's base or whatever.
What are your means of transportation for distances over 100k or so? I decided to walk back to spawn through the nether fighting ghasts and wading in lava, but it's a painful trip.
Besides nether trails and railways what other methods could be used to travel as fast and efficiently as possible in the nether? Any ideas?

This also ruined my plan to go 1.5 million out too... Stink.
Nether railway is the best you can do. A calculation I did yeilded a nether railway that traversed 100K blocks, a straight line, from 100K to spawn (0,0). It would take around 8 minutes to wait for the railway to deposit you at your destination. Also ir required a metric fuckton of iron and gold, provided rail spacing every 30 meters.
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

That sounds like a possible solution to getting there quickly but there's a problem; tunnels (trails) and tracks are not hard to find. So you'd be screwed if someone found the railway, Unless you hid your portal well. Second thing is that it takes a ton of iron to do so as well as gold, which I sorta lack now since I'm not at my base.

And going to someone else's base is just going to be a pain in the butt, I doubt Rev would give the OK the tunnel to his base.
FoSchnizzleTheSecond
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by FoSchnizzleTheSecond »

Or you could just walk, you whiny little bitch. I made it about 150k in a scarce few hours, not using the nether.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I'm not even okay with all the fucking clues you're dropping about our distance from spawn
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

Clues? I just said 100k so you guys wouldn't just say "walk you whiny little jerk", It has nothing to do with the location of your base. Mini's old base was in mind when I said that, I want to get back there and go back to an old base me and tr0pical built.
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

miniwimi wrote:Well well well, I guess you haven't heard of this little trick ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGc2NGNPwY4
A new way to get through it, it's very tricky though. So be careful when you're attempting to do it.
I tried it and it works :) Thanks for this trick, it's just hard to find a good spot.
You sir have found the solution, congrats.
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

The Restoration of bacon bay ;)
Mr_Hole_Digger1
in diamond armor

It's all you get bud. Take it or leave it.
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

lol mini you didn't invent the trick. The rewards go to the inventor :P