Pippenger Empire Thread

Recruit new members for your clan, or look for clans to join
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Pippenger Empire Thread

Post by A. Pippenger »

Hey everyone, I'm making this thread to post some information about my empire. I don't want to do much discussion here since I want to keep all the details secret, but I want to post a few important things here. First, I'm going to post a list of all current group members so you all know each other. I might forget a few people so correct me if I'm wrong. Second, I'm going to post the building codes for all the bases we build. I take builds really really seriously, so there are some strict rules you need to know.

*EDIT: It's been a few months and things have changed a bit. The building codes are still fine, but the members list has almost completely changed. I updated it. Also, check the end of the thread because I'm gonna post some new stuff about building plans.

The new members list is only trusted, full members of the empire who log in frequently. I'm basically cutting it off at the long-term inner circle that lives at the capital.

Empire Population:
Pippenger
Alexknvl
iQuint
Dark_Identity
Brauk
Sappu Jappu
Dakkadok
Ibm2013

*EDIT OVER

Here are the building codes for all my bases. Anything that violates these codes may be removed or have a sign placed on it stating the violations. The codes may update and change over time.

Building Codes

Section 1: Materials
A: Always use stone brick instead of cobblestone when possible. You may be asked to make a substitution if you build with cobblestone. However, cobble fences are acceptable.

B: Materials should be chosen for aesthetic value, not to display wealth. Use of flashy items like glowstone, diamond blocks, etc. is discouraged.

C: Materials throughout a base should be consistent. For example, if most houses in a base are built with oak plank walls and spruce plank roofs, do not make a house with spruce walls and an oak roof.

D: Significant use of glass as a building material is discouraged. Glass does not tile well and often has a distracting effect.

E. Wool for anything besides carpets is discouraged. Wool is not a realistic or appealing construction material.

1F: Grass is an acceptable material if used well.

Section 2: Style
A: When building with circles or spheres, the use of a program is strongly encouraged. You must build according to one of the graphs or generators online. Plotz is the recommended program. (http://www.plotz.co.uk/)

B. Try to arch bridges rather than making them perfectly flat. Also, put supporting pillars if it looks like it would be necessary in real life.

C. Make use of stairs, half blocks, etc. when building to maximize detail. Stairs can also create interesting shapes if used well.

D. Build in the style and era of the rest of the base. If the other buildings resemble ancient China, do not build a modern skyscraper within sight of the base.

E. Use complex shapes, not only squares. Also, put smaller rooms within buildings. It is more interesting than buildings with only one room. Be creative, and make unusual buildings.

F. Try to conceal redstone and keep it from interfering with the look of the base.

G: Do not leave blocks floating in the sky unattached to anything. Do not leave dirt pillars and temporary bridges around the base.

H. Preserve the natural landscape. Patch up creeper holes and keep forests from disappearing. Do not engage in large scale terraforming without approval. Cut down entire trees, not just the bottoms.

I. Do not leave clutter around the base, such as excessive signposts or crafting tables.

Section 3: Group Dynamics
A: Do not modify or remove another player's buildings without approval from them or the base leader.

B: Do not build close to another player's building if it distracts from their creation.

C. Do not leave unfinished projects in group areas for extended periods of time.

D. Any large additions that will significantly affect the appearance of the base must be approved by the base leader.

E. Do not build on any land created by another player, such as a leveled mountain or artificial island, without either their permission or the permission of the base leader.

Alright, that's it for now. This post will update in the future. In the meantime, keep up the good work.
Last edited by A. Pippenger on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
inchanter96
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Re: Pippenger Empire Thread

Post by inchanter96 »

RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I would guess you spelled eggtheif wrong. I will furnish TNT to any one that wants to blow up this teams builds, loot all valubles and come join me.
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

RevStoningpot wrote:I would guess you spelled eggtheif wrong. I will furnish TNT to any one that wants to blow up this teams builds, loot all valubles and come join me.
Do you know the coords?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Wow.

Don't you look smart about now.
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

I'd grief it, just because of the stupid building codes.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

Just think of all the loot to be had... more to add to a stash no one will ever use.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I meant for any one on that long list of team mates that already know coords.
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

http://imgur.com/a/8gVgq
Pics of the first Empire, taken 7th of August by me.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Thanks, those pictures look good. Can you maybe get some showing the sides though?