Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

[OFFICIAL] Disallow going above the nether top?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 32

kickem
in iron armor

Re: Ban Nether Roof Travel

Post by kickem »

So is there going to be a poll yukar?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

miniwimi wrote:
LoneSoldier55 wrote:
miniwimi wrote:Who the fuck are you?!
Just because someone doesn't have 3000 posts usually doesn't mean their opinion is invalid.
  • Ban Nether Roof Travel
    A stupid bug that has been exploited for far too long so people can see how high they can get their X Y coordinates.
  • Don't move bases that have already been made via the nether roof
    This is just dumb in itself, it's not worth the effort to move someone's base closer to spawn. Just let them be.
I didn't even say her opinion was invalid, I was wondering who she was before I realized it was Tr0pical.
Saying "Who the fuck are you?!" Implies that this person is not known and should not be participating in this topic. You don't have to outright say it.
el_andres96
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by el_andres96 »

KennyKatsu wrote:
el_andres96 wrote:I don't think we should ban this. I know it is glitching through blocks. But, with the time it has become less of a glitch and more like a new way of transportation. And I think the developers themselves don't see it as a glitch, if not, it would have been fixed years ago. It's not something a new player can do, you need the resources to go to the nether and the resources to build the actual "machine" that will get you up there, so it takes time before someone can use the roof.

Using the Nether roof has it's advantages and disadvantages. It's advantage is that you go travel great distances in a short amount of time with out having to worry about being killed by another entity. The disadvantage is that you have more chances of being located because of your portal or any non-computer changes made near by. I think we should keep it as it is.
Remember ender pearls? They damn sure fixed them. The machine is literally a piston, a rail and a minecart. That's 12 iron, 6 pieces of wood, a redstone dust and 3 cobblestone. And you can easily get rid of the traces implying there'd be any more traces than the portal which anyone afk walking won't notice.
Well, if developers would really want to fix it the only thing they need to do is put another flat layer of bedrock on top, not hard at all. But they haven't done it I think because they want it as a part of the game. I think they removed the usage of enderpearls to make it more challenging to get on top. For players to find new ways to do it.

I think we can assimilate this glitch with the Swing Set glitch in GTA IV. I think the developers did not fix this to let players us it as their will. Players found out about it, made it popular, and then used it for a source of fun. Same with the roof, players found out about it, they told more players, it became popular and then the developers didn't fix it because they noticed players actually used this for something. So in a certain way I think they "implemented" this glitch to the game a long time ago when they decided not to fix it.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

This isn't a source of fun, this is a source of taking a shortcut because you're too lazy to actually travel through the nether itself.

The swing set was just a shit physics engine and the only reason ANYONE plays GTA is for 10 hours of story nobody cares about and then subsequently trying to break the game's engine.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

el_andres96 wrote:
KennyKatsu wrote:
el_andres96 wrote:I don't think we should ban this. I know it is glitching through blocks. But, with the time it has become less of a glitch and more like a new way of transportation. And I think the developers themselves don't see it as a glitch, if not, it would have been fixed years ago. It's not something a new player can do, you need the resources to go to the nether and the resources to build the actual "machine" that will get you up there, so it takes time before someone can use the roof.

Using the Nether roof has it's advantages and disadvantages. It's advantage is that you go travel great distances in a short amount of time with out having to worry about being killed by another entity. The disadvantage is that you have more chances of being located because of your portal or any non-computer changes made near by. I think we should keep it as it is.
Remember ender pearls? They damn sure fixed them. The machine is literally a piston, a rail and a minecart. That's 12 iron, 6 pieces of wood, a redstone dust and 3 cobblestone. And you can easily get rid of the traces implying there'd be any more traces than the portal which anyone afk walking won't notice.
Well, if developers would really want to fix it the only thing they need to do is put another flat layer of bedrock on top, not hard at all. But they haven't done it I think because they want it as a part of the game. I think they removed the usage of enderpearls to make it more challenging to get on top. For players to find new ways to do it.

I think we can assimilate this glitch with the Swing Set glitch in GTA IV. I think the developers did not fix this to let players us it as their will. Players found out about it, made it popular, and then used it for a source of fun. Same with the roof, players found out about it, they told more players, it became popular and then the developers didn't fix it because they noticed players actually used this for something. So in a certain way I think they "implemented" this glitch to the game a long time ago when they decided not to fix it.
so by ur logic xray is not a cheat. mojang knows about it since first version and have not fixed it. ALLOW XRAY!
el_andres96

Post by el_andres96 »

I never said X-ray is something that should be allowed. X-ray is a cheat, a modifier you get for your game, Mojang has no control over x-ray mods so he can not fix it or make them non-functional in any way. On the other hand, Mojang can fix the access to the nether roof by simply adding a second flat bedrock level. Yet, they have not fix it, and I think it's because they don't see it as a glitch themselves anymore.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

el_andres96 wrote:I never said X-ray is something that should be allowed. X-ray is a cheat, a modifier you get for your game, Mojang has no control over x-ray mods so he can not fix it or make them non-functional in any way. On the other hand, Mojang can fix the access to the nether roof by simply adding a second flat bedrock level. Yet, they have not fix it, and I think it's because they don't see it as a glitch themselves anymore.
I'd like a quote on this, otherwise you're just >implying things.
el_andres96

Post by el_andres96 »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:
el_andres96 wrote:I never said X-ray is something that should be allowed. X-ray is a cheat, a modifier you get for your game, Mojang has no control over x-ray mods so he can not fix it or make them non-functional in any way. On the other hand, Mojang can fix the access to the nether roof by simply adding a second flat bedrock level. Yet, they have not fix it, and I think it's because they don't see it as a glitch themselves anymore.
I'd like a quote on this, otherwise you're just >implying things.
I was quoting miniwimi and mitte
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

el_andres96 wrote:Yet, they have not fix it, and I think it's because they don't see it as a glitch themselves anymore.
Tell me that mojang said that. Otherwise this entire point is moot, and is already anyways.
el_andres96

Post by el_andres96 »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:
el_andres96 wrote:Yet, they have not fix it, and I think it's because they don't see it as a glitch themselves anymore.
Tell me that mojang said that. Otherwise this entire point is moot, and is already anyways.
I was giving out my thoughts, not actual facts. So I do not have a source to that. But if Mojang would really see this as a glitch, don't you think it would be fixed by now?