graphical glitch with 1.7.2?

General minecraft related topics
SilasOfBorg
Donator

graphical glitch with 1.7.2?

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Hi all,

I've been half-heartedly trying to get 1.7.2 to work for a few weeks now. After about 5 minutes of play, all the textures go crazy, in a rainbow of randomized garbage. Restarting Minecraft works, for another few minutes.

A couple things:

* reverting back to 1.6.4 solves the problem
* updated NVidia drivers, to no avail
* checked for heat/fan problems with the gfx card, runs cold and quiet, no other games or software having any issues
* complete wipe / re-install (exe plus .minecraft folder) of minecraft does not help

Anyone else seen this?

In a similar vein, anyone else notice how the windows MC server seems to be broken? I get a player list and tick time but no chat, no messages, no feedback, nothing -- the right-hand area is always blank.

I'm starting to think Mojang is out to actively sabotage Minecraft and gradually make it completely unplayable. I was putting up with broken boats and broken shift semantics, but restarting minecraft every few minutes on penalty of being subject to an LSD trip is pushing me over the edge.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: graphical glitch with 1.7.2?

Post by Yukar9 »

I never had any graphical glitches playing minecraft 1.7 on the day or so I was on the temporary server. This was on linux.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

Give the nvidia beta drivers a go if you haven't already. Also have you messed with the settings in minecraft? I'm just asking since you haven't mentioned it here as a solution you tried, it might be one of the options you have that's causing your game to take you on an LSD trip. Also, a picture would be good too, just to get an idea.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

You might have chat disabled via the advanced options on your minecraft, try seeing if that can fix that particular problem.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've tried monkeying with the settings, etc, to no avail. Every one of my games is working fine and so is 1.6.x. In the meantime I've been playing Path of Exile and quite enjoying it, so I'll probably be doing that for a while. Maybe Mojang will fix this shit in the next update, I can't be the only person seeing it.

And maybe they'll fix boats and shift-build and all the other stupid little things... hahahaha... well, I can dream.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Tried it again today, just to see if there was an update. Got a screenshot this time:

Imagine if you will that anything that looks wrong is flickering through several dozen different colors each second, while some things (like chests and the HUD) are not affected. It's enough to make me have a seizure.

Also, it isn't the new shaders. At a friend's house I tried cycling through them and not one of them looks anything like this.

I've tried different video drivers, etc, but the ONLY thing that solves it is moving back to 1.6.x. And that doesn't help me much.

Throwing in the towel for now, I'll keep an eye open for new updates.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

What the fuck
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

i was having a problem with the whole screen changing color and then going black. restarting didn't fix that but it seemed to fix it's self in time or if i moved to an other chunk. I haven't done .4 enough to see if it still happens