Few suggestions/ideas

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Mattias480
still building aboveground

Few suggestions/ideas

Post by Mattias480 »

suggestion no1: could someone spawn more animals around spawn? I went from spawn over 1000 blocks away and didnt see any to kill for food. Spawn looks much much better now, but there are only zombies to kill for food. Would be cool to have cows, pigs, sheep, horses around spawn or idk is it possible to make them spawn more in a certain radius?
suggestion no2: What do u guys think of a big scoreboard in spawn or in forum, that has names on it and player kills count, its like a hall of fame. It should apply only in a certain radius around spawn, lets say 5k and in pvp map. Team players killing eachother should not count. Some1 should keep an eye on that table to make sure that all kills are fair.
suggestion no3: automated sign to a place where u died, saying date and time and who killed who and how. I saw this in some server long long time ago. i think its kinda cool, youre moving around the world and can see history. Mob kills and getting killed by mob or accidental like lava death or fall, drowning should not create a sign (Im thinking it would flood all the land with signs in that case). Of course signs should be unbreakable. Ok, maybe they should be breakable..just let me know what u guys think of these ideas and help to point out weakpoints, ty.
kickem
in iron armor

Re: Few suggestions/ideas

Post by kickem »

In reply to suggestion 1: wouldn't that make it too easy to survive for those in 5000k radius? But also that might attract more people to stay within the animal spawn radius-which is really clever-and then you are increasing player interaction... So I would say it is a VERY good idea, but then I am guessing it would be quite difficult for Yukar, but that's not for me to worry about.

In reply to suggestion 2: Maybe the 'Hall of Fame' should be inside the spawn castle? In a room underneath or just somewhere. How are you meant to determine 'Team players' when people betray eachother a lot, also you'll have to consider how difficult it would be to consantly update the list for all players-unless it is automated in which case you would still need to somehow keep track of who is on a 'team'... So maybe a hall of fame in spawn with only the top 100 killers? Because all the noobs who may have played would make the hall of fame huge and pointless, so a top 100 or something. And I don't think 'team kills' should be discounted,

In reply to suggestion 3: Unbreakable signs but the only problem with that would be after a few months the pvp world and 5000k would be spammed... And also you would reach the problem of the blocks underneath, if you can't break a sign then would it float or would we have lots of unbreakable land around spawn and in pvp? And also people who die in the same place, what would happen then? Maybe a 'grave' block with signs attached to it? Then a lot more deaths per block but then non in the surrounding 8 blocks. As well as all that you were saying to disacknowledge falls and lava and drowning, but what about deaths such as 'kickem burned to a crisp whilst trying to escape from Mattias480' technically you killed me but would that not make a sign showing you caused me to burn/fall/etc.? (Furthermore would that count or not toward your kill count and hall of fame thingy?)

For anyone who cba to read-here it is in summary
So all in all they are all valid and good ideas, If not amazing ideas, but a few flaws and things that may prove difficult for Yukar and anyone else which helps him program. The Hall of fame should only hold a top 100 or so and should only count deaths caused bt other players, even accidents which were caused by other players; the signs also should count by these same criteria. The animals within a certain area would attract players to stay near the spawn area and would increase player interaction, and even encourage more people to stay and actually interact with other players in-game rather than through chat
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

suggestion 2: u can use the sidebar (with disable command) to keep score near spawn.

suggestion 3: not unbreakable and only after a certain amount of game time (to weed out first timers and spam)
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

I'm against suggestion 2 and suggestion 3. Especially suggestion 3. Though suggestion 1 could be nice as long as it's not a crazy spawn rate.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Mattias480 wrote:suggestion no1: could someone spawn more animals around spawn? I went from spawn over 1000 blocks away and didnt see any to kill for food. Spawn looks much much better now, but there are only zombies to kill for food. Would be cool to have cows, pigs, sheep, horses around spawn or idk is it possible to make them spawn more in a certain radius?
suggestion no2: What do u guys think of a big scoreboard in spawn or in forum, that has names on it and player kills count, its like a hall of fame. It should apply only in a certain radius around spawn, lets say 5k and in pvp map. Team players killing eachother should not count. Some1 should keep an eye on that table to make sure that all kills are fair.
suggestion no3: automated sign to a place where u died, saying date and time and who killed who and how. I saw this in some server long long time ago. i think its kinda cool, youre moving around the world and can see history. Mob kills and getting killed by mob or accidental like lava death or fall, drowning should not create a sign (Im thinking it would flood all the land with signs in that case). Of course signs should be unbreakable. Ok, maybe they should be breakable..just let me know what u guys think of these ideas and help to point out weakpoints, ty.
1) Learn how to farm.
2) Into the trash it goes.
3) This elminates social engineering as you can tell exactaly who killed you or raided someone.
Mattias480

Post by Mattias480 »

Im sure everyone know how to farm..people usually expect to find mobs to kill, but its quiet everywhere, no moving. Im playing near spawn, and i have to say, its really boring.. its like no life as far as u can see. This "true survivor's" filter is too efficient as we can see every day.. Why into trash the second one? where is the flaw? You could suggest some solution how to make it work, if it has a flaw, LoneSoldier. About the third, there are death messages in chat all the time,so its not a secret, who killed you.. I dont understand the "social engineering" maybe u explain, ty.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

1) No, not everyone can figure out how to farm, and it acts as an great strainer to weed out the ones who don't really want to try.
2) Scoreboard isn't anything that can be easily maintained, and nobody is going to be nearby spawn to see it. Nor can it easily be implemented. And nor is it useful.
3) There are ways to kill people without a death message, and therefore maintain a stealthy aspect. Not to mention nobody needs hundereds of glitchy, unbreakable signs all over the fucking place at spawn where Spawnrat #1 punched Spawnrat #2 to death.
Mattias480

Post by Mattias480 »

I think ur missing the point of these suggestions. Im suggesting these for more interaction near spawn. The server is basically dead, and yet u throw away everything that would make things a bit more livelier. You wont get ppl stay, as it is right now.. that should be clear. Why not then change something? I think we could at least try to implement these ideas, so what do you have to lose? Signs can be fucking breakable. Scoreboard is visible to new players and for players who play near spawn, also most of us have alt nicks near spawn. If u live far away, well then thats your choice.. We still want new players, right? Stealthy aspects?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

More interaction nearby spawn is easily attained with more players. Go spam the server's IP around like a sperg if you need that so badly, or vote.