Favorite Minecraft Food

General minecraft related topics
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Favorite Minecraft Food

Post by Cinnabars »

I'm curious to know what everyone prefers to use as food in Minecraft.

For a long time I only ate steak. Recently though, I can't be bothered to take the time to kill the cows and then cook it, so I've moved over to eating carrots. They are way easier to harvest, and I feel like I'm saving time.

What do you all usually eat in mc?
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Re: Favorite Minecraft Food

Post by FoSchnizzle »

I can't stand to eat carrots or melon. Their saturations don't last nearly long enough. Recently, I've been switching between steak, baked potatoes, and pumpkin pie whenever I can get each one. Potatoes are easy enough to harvest and push into an auto cooker, and the pumpkin pie was more of an excess of pumpkins, eggs, and sugarcane that I wanted to make into something useful. Also, back when I would travel through the world a lot, I would use cheap things like carrots, melons, and rotten flesh, but they take up far more slots than I think they're worth for long journeys. I don't mind carrots if I'm puttering around the /world or something small, but cooked food is always a higher tier than raw.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Pumpkin Pie can easily be mass produced, and baked potatoes even more.
Potatoes and Pie have very high saturation levels making them filling foods.
Potatoes are ultimately the easiest to make. I usually use those or bread.
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

Mostly baked potatoes because they are easy to grow, have relatively good saturation and give me a little Exp as well every time i cook a stack.
If i'm in the nether for a longer time collecting quartz, i also like to bring some bowls and live on the locally growing mushrooms.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

Chicken. It's the best compromise between saturation/ hungerfill and ease of production.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

I only eat carrots. They don't take any time to craft like bread or pumpkin pie, and you don't need to cook them. The problem with cooking IMO is that it takes a non renewable resource, like coal or lava, to make something that you use constantly. I like to feel like my minecraft lifestyle is sustainable. I guess you can use renewable wood/charcoal to cook food, but then I'd have to use wood blocks I would otherwise use for tools or building. But carrots are endless and you can get them instantly.
FoSchnizzle
Moron

Post by FoSchnizzle »

Coal is fairly abundant, and if you craft it into blocks, it's even more efficient. Charcoal and blaze rods are both renewable and can be used in smelting.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

They should add nutrient deficiencies to the game. Like if you don't get enough of a diverse diet then you start to get jaundice, pellagra, etc. Your attacks or run speed would weaken and eventually you'd just die.

Oh yeah and infectious diseases. Some food would be infected with botulism and you'd die from eating it.
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

morl0ck wrote:They should add nutrient deficiencies to the game. Like if you don't get enough of a diverse diet then you start to get jaundice, pellagra, etc. Your attacks or run speed would weaken and eventually you'd just die.

Oh yeah and infectious diseases. Some food would be infected with botulism and you'd die from eating it.

That's a funny idea. I think they would also need to add some type of benefit for having a healthy diet though. Like not having to eat as often or taking less damage or something along those lines.

I have just been wondering lately if I spend more time harvesting and eating carrots then I would if I was collecting lava or coal and cooking something. Based on all the factors that go into it.

Morlock has a good point though. A completely automated chicken breeder/killer/cooker would probably be the most efficient if your computer can handle having a bunch of chicken around.
indigo011
[rawr]

Post by indigo011 »

used to eat breads but switched to carrots cause of the ease in farming