Minecraft 1.8 Update Discussion

General minecraft related topics
DakkaDok
OP

Re: Minecraft 1.8 Update Discussion

Post by DakkaDok »

Alright, i just tested it in the newest snapshot, 14w26c. Iron golems will drop iron and poppies even when killed entirely by a lavablade. Unless they change it again, you should be good.
Melvin3000
still building aboveground

Post by Melvin3000 »

Would a /lookup command that displays each username a certain player has has be possible?
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

What's the deal with enchanting? Do you have to enchant lapis like a book or something? I just don't get it when people say you need lapis. I think it's still retarded that there is a repair cap making good items unrepairable. And it's super retarded that enchants are random even though they have those stupid galactic alphabet labels on them. It's like why even bother with the stupid labels if they mean nothing. Random enchantments are what make enchanting the worst.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

It's so people can't pull protection 4 out of their ass, because mojang knows that half of the enchantments are fucking worthless, thus making you loop back around to the grind and make the illusion of the game being harder
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

that looks retarded. glad to see mutton was finally added
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

DakkaDok wrote:Alright, i just tested it in the newest snapshot, 14w26c. Iron golems will drop iron and poppies even when killed entirely by a lavablade. Unless they change it again, you should be good.
Excellent! That is awesome to hear.
Not Brntrogdor
[rawr]

Post by Not Brntrogdor »

Enchanting...
Basically, instead of using all 30 lvl's to enchant something, now you have to BE lvl 30, then insert the item you want to enchant along with 1-3 pieces of lapis depending on how many lvl's you want to spend (1-3). It will show you exactly what you are getting before you enchant now... but you can't change it. Even if you remove the item and put it back in, you will get the same result until you enchant something else.
Repairing is different too, it will at most cost 5 lvl's and will IMHO break enchanting. Nothing will be unrepairable... if I understood it correctly.
This means, the Enchantment ban in /world is even that much more awesome.
Think about it, Pow V, Flame I, Infi I, Punch II, Unb III bow while wearing Prot IV Thorns III Unb III armor and swinging a Sharp V, Knock II, Fire Asp. II, Unb III Dia Sword, sure, it was possible before, but now you'll be able to have it, and repair it indefinitely.
Lastly, my favorite addition next to slime blocks, a new enchantment that allows you to move through water just as quickly as you move on land!
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Is that how it'll work? I somewhat like that better than the current solution, because now you don't have to grind away forever. You just have to lvl to 30 once. With this update morl0ck's suggestion is beginning to make sense.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

They realized that lapis was such a shit mineral that nobody used that they actually had to add a use for it in normal gameplay.
Better yet it was to "fix" something that wasn't really broken in the first place and has just made things worse.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

The enchantment system was broken. It was a terrible placeholder that forced players to grind.