Minecraft 1.8 Update Discussion

General minecraft related topics
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: Minecraft 1.8 Update Discussion

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

It's not any better now, it still forces you to grind.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

But only once, compared to continually.
Cinnabars
[rawr]

Post by Cinnabars »

The new enchanting system in 1.8 is so much better. No guesswork. It only takes 3 levels at most from you so really isn't that grindy.

I don't have any problem with people using grinders as long as it isn't essential to sit for an hour just to repair 2 picks. One of the things I love about the game is all the tech stuff you can build. I don't actually need a farm that autoharvests melons, but it's fun to make anyway. I hope that grinders can fall into this category also. Where they are optional but still fun to build.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I have started development on a plugin that will keep a database of the names a player has connected to THIS server with. This will let any player do /alts <player> to get a list of all names that player has gone by.
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

how does it work? can 2 players with the same name play at the same time or are u forced to switch when entering a server where ur name is used?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

As far as I understand names are unique globally, so I can't switch my name to devilmaycry90 unless you switch that account to another name first. But this is all up to Mojang, they haven't written exact details such as how often it'll be allowed and so on. The worry is that somebody would change their name to devllmaycry90 or perhaps devilmaycry9O and then trick your teammates into giving sensitive information such as coords.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Yukar9 wrote:I have started development on a plugin that will keep a database of the names a player has connected to THIS server with. This will let any player do /alts <player> to get a list of all names that player has gone by.
Excellent news, Yukar! It's a bandaid on the gaping wound that Mojang is stupidly introducing, but it'll do the trick once people know to always check /alts using a cut&paste of the actual name presented in chat, before giving out potentially damning information. Or, if someone starts spewing crap, we can at least do a sanity check before assuming someone hasn't taken their meds.

Good stuff.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

No, if you have two accounts, then no one will know. But if you rename your account, then people will be able to see that you used to be called miniwimi.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

is name changing actually comming with this update? cuz i've been hearing that for quite a few updates now.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

they have made a lot of change to how you breed villagers. Doors alone just won't get them horny anymore, they need to trade goods now as well. So breed up a good stock pile while you can if you need to.