I just noticed Mojang are "banning" pay-to-play

General minecraft related topics
Yukar9
Admin

I just noticed Mojang are "banning" pay-to-play

Post by Yukar9 »

https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-se ... etisation/

This will be interesting. I'm not sure how they're going to enforce it though. Or if they can even legally enforce it if no Mojang code was used (like if somebody decides to write a Minecraft server from scratch.)
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: I just noticed Mojang are "banning" pay-to-play

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

banning it isn't going to stop it and shills are still going to get money for premium access to a shit game server
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

A bunch of rules plus no enforcement information means the rules will be ignored.

Had the final paragraph been, "Downloading the minecraft server software now binds you to these terms and conditions. We have retained the firm Suckem, Gougem, and Stab and will actively persue violations of these terms to the fullest extent allowable under the law." they might be taken seriously, but even then probably not until the first subpoenas were mailed out.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

Wow. If they actually start suing people that will be the ruin of Mojang imo. That drags them down to RIAA/ MPAA levels.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

doesn't sound like they're banning it they're just asking for cooperation along these points mentioned. What seemed odd to me is it's okay to sell somethings for real money but not if they're cool things. I don't see why people would pay for a server with free ones available. And mojang is probably just butt hurt cuz no one's paying to play their realms crap.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

RevStoningpot wrote:And mojang is probably just butt hurt cuz no one's paying to play their realms crap.
This, exactly.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

RevStoningpot wrote:doesn't sound like they're banning it they're just asking for cooperation along these points mentioned. What seemed odd to me is it's okay to sell somethings for real money but not if they're cool things. I don't see why people would pay for a server with free ones available. And mojang is probably just butt hurt cuz no one's paying to play their realms crap.
muh premium access
muh cool kids server club
muh free money from children's parent's credit cards
muh donor perks
muh "i'm bad at videogames so I have to pay for advantages so I can get enjoyment"
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I don't get the negativity around this. Whether you think it's going to be effective or not, this is a move in the right direction.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

it's been discussed before the game is already dead

what they're doing now is just trying to stop people from making money off of the game they're making money off of
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

The game is dead? Where does that come from? You might not play it anymore, but the game is certainly not dead. And even if that were so, what does that have to do with anything?

Yes, that's exactly what they're doing, and so what? That doesn't mean this is going to increase their profits, in fact it might even lower their profits.