I just noticed Mojang are "banning" pay-to-play

General minecraft related topics
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Re: I just noticed Mojang are "banning" pay-to-play

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Yukar9 wrote:I don't get the negativity around this. Whether you think it's going to be effective or not, this is a move in the right direction.
For me, its the timing. Despite being against the EULA Mojang has historically been content to let people monetize Minecraft literally any damn way they pleased, now matter how stupid.

Now all of a sudden (Realms) they're Very Concerned (Realms) with the Player Experience (Use Realms!) being a fair and balanced (Realms) one.

It smacks of hypocrisy, and without further indication of what they'll do if server owners continue to ignore the EULA it's wishy-washy to boot. "Stop, or I shall say stop again!"
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: I just noticed Mojang are "banning" pay-to-play

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Yukar9 wrote:The game is dead? Where does that come from? You might not play it anymore, but the game is certainly not dead. And even if that were so, what does that have to do with anything?

Yes, that's exactly what they're doing, and so what? That doesn't mean this is going to increase their profits, in fact it might even lower their profits.
the only reason minecraft has any longlivety at all is because of mods
the only reason anyone would think, right now, to pay almost 30 USD for a minecraft key is not so they can play the base game in itself.
it's far outlasted it's golden age and is only going downhill with the scraped together profits of people buying extra keys still getting disributed to a coding team that's done nothing.