Allow enchantments in /world again?

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Allow enchantments in /world again?

Post by morl0ck »

Who actually enjoys this rule? I'm guessing nobody. I've heard nothing but complains about it. Can we finally put it to rest? I'd like to see this as an official poll.

PROS
Strips the bourgeois of the ability to oppress the working class with his gross hoards of wealth

CONS
Fights are boring
No trophies, no good loot
Removes the gambling factor
Not being able to oneshot annoying invisible people
Not being able to use your ubermega death sword of misery and despair sharpness 9000
No righteous gloating after you took your victim's third suit of prot IV in a row
Remember the good times? Rememmmmmberrrrrr?
Mattias480
still building aboveground

Re: Allow enchantments in /world again?

Post by Mattias480 »

I would give a yes vote, if there were a vote. More people were in pvp world, when enchantments were enabled. (I know I supported to ban enchantments in past). After that ban many went inactive, so yes.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

welcome back to "being dominated by everyone in protection 4 while there is no interesting loadouts besides protection 4 diamond because it is objectively and completely the best"
Mattias480
still building aboveground

Post by Mattias480 »

You don't need prot4 to win the fight. I wouldn't go to /world with prot4 gear just because of that fact.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

welcome back to "being dominated by everyone in protection 4 while there is no interesting loadouts besides protection 4 diamond because it is objectively and completely the best"
You mean as opposed to the "very interesting" two viable loadout choices we have now- full iron or unarmored w/ invis?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

invisibility means something against diamond if you kite like a man
people in iron can take down someone in diamond
potions become useful as there's a smart balance between overkill and not having enough damage

the only way to compete with a protection 4 user is protection 4.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

Two invisible guys spamming poison and harming can kill a prot IV guy in like two seconds. It isn't that hard. The problem is that nobody actually teams up on this server.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

morl0ck wrote:Two invisible guys spamming poison and harming can kill a prot IV guy in like two seconds. It isn't that hard. The problem is that nobody actually teams up on this server.
last time I checked and fought someone in prot IV using poison II and a sharpness IV diamond sword, he ate the posion damage like candy because protection IV protects against poison.
CrackyJoe
[rawr]

Post by CrackyJoe »

I feel like I had a post that didn't go through here...

Anyway I really think the enchantment thing is a boner kill. There's just no reward to the risk of going out to pvp if no one is carrying anything nice. I definitely think that being clever can win a fight against prot. For fucks sake, if u really wanted to you could just lay a tnt trap. I've done it before (though it ended poorly for me collected any good gear)

I mean most people have gotten to the point of having enchants anyway so in a lot of situations the whole "new" vs "old" player thing is a non-issue.

Another problem is what morl0ck said which is more underlying. The fact is no one is going to pvp and joining up in teams. This is a problem that has to be solved at its source. Better loot rewards will entice people. There is another suggestion I have that I will start a different thread for.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

last time I checked and fought someone in prot IV using poison II and a sharpness IV diamond sword, he ate the posion damage like candy because protection IV protects against poison.
A poison II would bring him down 3-4 hearts, throw in a few well placed harming II, and he'd be dead. You probably didn't get any direct hit on him. Next time bring a friend to spring a surprise from behind and he'd stand no chance. Besides if it were so friggin' hard to kill prot IV guys, why were they all whining about losing their shit?