The Principate - New Build Project

Recruit new members for your clan, or look for clans to join
MtlGuy
[rawr]

The Principate - New Build Project

Post by MtlGuy »

Hey SimPVP'ers,

Following in the footsteps of the Empire & the Order, Allsixsix, Porkington, Orion/Tunnel Rat and I have a new project in mind and we're looking for folks interested in participating. The idea is roughly to expand a village into a city that includes a linked system of player bases (like player neighbourhoods & suburbs), adding farms, villager trade centers, buildings and utility features.

Tunnel Rat has already found a suitable village and the two of us have started working on it to secure it from random monsters. We have horses, donkeys, sheep, pigs, and chickens so far. In the process of searching for a village, I found an Ocean Monument, which once turned into a Guardian farm should provide the materials for sea lanterns which will be used to enhance the city's lighting.

While the village is quite far from spawn, reaching it is not difficult thanks to Yukarion's portals. We have established a hub from which players may access the village. If you can reach or are within range of spawn, then accessing the hub is certainly within your purview.

If you're interested in participating let me or any of the above-mentioned players know and we will discuss it. We're particularly interested in you if you're a talented builder, redstone engineer, or a decorator.

-MtlGuy

PS, sorry about the double post, (forum'ing while tired = bads)
Porkington
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Re: The Principate - New Build Project

Post by Porkington »

The Principate also includes other bases around the server. My base is called Pork Hall, it's about 20k from spawn, underground, and serves as a backup bunker and resource generator for the rest of the team.

Here is the hall itself:

Coming off the main hall are several bedrooms and functional rooms.

Underground giant spruce farm:

MrSellars's bedroom:

Potion room:

Enchanting:

Spooky skelton grinder:

Fast food machine:

Tunnel at the end of hall:

Domed room at the very end:

Before long we hope to use the resources accumulated here to do some grand surface builds and help some noobs.

(edit-- here is a link to the full imgur album with a few extra pics: http://imgur.com/a/J2mOx )
Last edited by Porkington on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Needs more wiki articles. (but seriously, it looks nice.)
AllSixSix

Post by AllSixSix »

I will be the main leader/coordinator of the team, called the Princeps.

I have a banner ready, it is modeled after the floor of spawn where noobs first enter the server, as well as some banners I liked that I saw online.

I will make some extras and distribute them, but you can also make them yourself with this recipe:

-Black Banner (stick in lower center with 6 black wool on top)
-White Saltire (place banner in lower center and draw an X out of bonemeal above it)
-White Chief Indented (place banner in exact center and build a ^ of bonemeal above it)
-White Base Indented (leave banner in center and place a v of bonemeal beneath it)
-Purple Bordure Indented (craft the banner with a purple dye and a vine)
-White Fess (banner in bottom center with a horizontal stripe of 3 bonemeal across the center of the crafting grid)
-Black Flower Charge (craft banner with oxeye daisy, might be hard to find near spawn)

BTW, everything you guys have posted so far looks good.
MtlGuy
[rawr]

Post by MtlGuy »

It's as good a flag as any despite not having any maple leaves on it, nor being red & white.

Progress on the base continues at a good pace. We have cows now. The ravine has been filled with water so now we have our own private fishing rapids. A biome encapsulating wall has been started. Steps have been taken towards an Iron Golem farm and villager breeding station. Significant amounts of resources have already been extracted from beneath the village. A nether portal and pathway to the lava floor has been opened up allowing for near infinite lava buckets to power our omni furnace which smelts unceasingly.

In addition to builders, engineers and decorators, we are looking for explorers to search out Ice Spikes (packed ice), and Mesa (colours) biomes and to set a portal in same. We offer you a fully loaded donkey w/supplies to assist you on the journey.
Porkington

Post by Porkington »

We're pretty much finished with our first Server God temple.

exterior

front

interior

altar of Strawman

Hopefully many builds to come.
SirTashingdon
[rawr]

Post by SirTashingdon »

Greetings to the Princiate! I am very much interested in this group, and would like to assist in any way I can.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

SirTashingdon wrote:Greetings to the Princiate! I am very much interested in this group, and would like to assist in any way I can.
assist them by staying far away :^)
AllSixSix

Post by AllSixSix »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:
SirTashingdon wrote:Greetings to the Princiate! I am very much interested in this group, and would like to assist in any way I can.
assist them by staying far away :^)
If you're implying that Tash will be a less than useful member of the group, that is quite different from my expectation. We're very glad to have him.
MtlGuy
[rawr]

Post by MtlGuy »

The town continues to shape up. There's a new shrine in the village area and some classical looking buildings to the northeast. I've started to put down some simple houses along the road out of the village to start a neighbourhood, experimenting with different house styles. Still a lot of potential to be realized.