Server Down?

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
The_Jimmy
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Server Down?

Post by The_Jimmy »

I'm getting a can't resolve hostname error when i try to log on. Just checking to see if it is the server or my connection. I dont seem to have any problems with any other internet functions at this time.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Server Down?

Post by Yukar9 »

Server is running fine, what are you trying to connect to? You should be connecting to either simpvp.net or play.simplicitypvp.net
The_Jimmy

Post by The_Jimmy »

I havn't touched the settings since I joined this server about a month ago. I just tried deleting it and retyping the address, both ways. I still can't get on today. Do you have any suggestions as to what settings I could look into to correct my problem?
The_Jimmy

Post by The_Jimmy »

I fixed it. I found a Youtube video talking about using store.opendns.com/setup to change DNS settings. It was easy and worked immediately if anyone else encounters this problem.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Ah, interesting that you would be having DNS problems like that, but good that you got it fixed. Could I ask what ISP you were using that wouldn't resolve simpvp.net properly?
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

My own ISP has DNS fits once in a while. I changed to openDNS a while ago and never looked back.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Same here, I use some of the OpenNIC project DNS servers, mostly because Denmark does internet censorship via DNS poisoning.
bloodlucky
still building aboveground

Post by bloodlucky »

d