Fixing combatlogging

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Yukar9
Admin

Fixing combatlogging

Post by Yukar9 »

So as suggested in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2547 the 50 block radius for /world is not sufficient to prevent people escaping combat. But fixing this would also require fixing combatlogging in general. So we need to do a combined solution both for /world and logging out.

Please discuss solutions for combatlogging here.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Re: Fixing combatlogging

Post by morl0ck »

This is something MMO's have had solved since the've been around- for /world 'ing you have to stand still for 30 seconds or so, and if someone logs out while in combat then it leaves a ghost of you which players can then kill. I don't know if something like that exists already or how much effort it would take to implement though.
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

I have definitely seen that kind of anti-combatlogging plugin on other servers. Implementing it should not be very difficult, though i'm not convinced it's the right thing to do.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

So, uh...

Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Yes, that issue happened in the first version of the plugin. It should have been fixed yesterday evening. If it happens anymore, let me or clip know. And just kill the existing bugged skeletons.