Ban Use of the Word "Flip" On SimPvP

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
ostrich1414
Wiki Janitor

Ban Use of the Word "Flip" On SimPvP

Post by ostrich1414 »

Good evening fellow SimPvP Players. I, ostrich1414, have a proposition to make which, I hope, will provide the server's players with a safe and healthy environment. I believe that we should completely abolish and/or heavily censor use of the word "flip".

Now PLEASE NOTE here that "flip" is not a word that should be written, and the only reason I am doing so here is to convey the magnitude of its offensiveness and manifested hatred. Thus, for each time the word is used here, it is not out of willingness to do so, but necessity to warn others.

As stated previously, the word "flip" should be censored on SimPvP, mainly through chat but also through signs and usernames, if possible. I have several ways in which this can be done:

1.) For each time the word "flip" is typed into chat, it is immediately translated into "fl*p"
- This can also be toyed around with: the word can be replaced with another word, or even just a blank "____" in place of the word "flip" itself
2.) Any new player that joins the server with the word "flip" in their username will be immediately jailed and banned upon entry
3.) Any existing player(s) with the word "flip" in their username will be given approximately ONE WEEK to change it to something more appropriate; if they fail to do so, they will be immediately jailed and banned upon entry
4.) Any signs that contain the word "flip" will be immediately censored and/or destroyed
5.) Any in-game blocks or items positioned to spell out the word "flip" will be immediately censored and/or destroyed
6.) A new rule will be instated by SimPvP that will make uncensored, unfiltered use of the word "flip" punishable by a ban and/or jail sentence. Similarly to Rule #1 (hacking/cheating), this will be a ZERO TOLERANCE rule.

Thus, I believe that "flip", being the vile, disgusting, derogatory word it is should be completely abolished from the server. Of course, it is difficult to eradicated a word from a public Minecraft server, but I believe with our passionate community coming together we can rid the server of this foul term. Feel free to voice your opinion in the comments below, especially if you agree with me, as I find it hard to believe that there are people out there who ACTUALLY support the freedom of using the word "flip" uncensored.

Also, on another note, I would suggest that one of the better ways to deal with this epidemic is by erecting a sort-of unbreakable"relocation center" protected by commands. We would send those who use the word "flip" there and relentlessly torture...I mean "reeducate" them on proper mannerisms.

Anyways, let me know what you think, and I hope to see the overwhelming support I'm sure I will draw as we band together to rid the server, and hopefully the world, of the offensive word that is "flip". Thank you.
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Re: Ban Use of the Word "Flip" On SimPvP

Post by clipchip »

i had a lot of trouble reading this post with your excessive use of the uncensored version of fl*P but i agree with your point, hopefully we can do the same for the word F*T and have piapponghers and revstoicpoot banned as well
Vast_Marcus
[rawr]

Post by Vast_Marcus »

literal every word of ur post could have been chustle and it still would not have been worse than it was
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

Yes it is so hard to read that awful word. I can't believe my parental block didn't go off when i opened this page. I'd also add an amendment: A boycott in which we mute any one with the vile word "vast" in their name.
Vast_Marcus
[rawr]

Post by Vast_Marcus »

how about we ban anyone with illegal drug in they're name
Penncil
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Penncil »

yes