Let OPs remove lag sources

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Should OPs be allowed to remove sources of lag (after fair warning)?

Yes :)
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 7

TonTheKidRS
[rawr]

Re: Let OPs remove lag sources

Post by TonTheKidRS »

KoriJenkins wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:19 am Alternatively a plugin that prevents minecarts from being crammed for killing would be nice. That one is a little harder to pinpoint pros and cons for, I don't think there are any real cons outside of people having to kill pigmen manually in a farm, though to be fair autoclickers are allowed so it's not like there's an excuse not to do that anyway.
I thought that minecarts crammed in small numbers (I believe around 50 is the minimum for cramming damage) didn't cause that much lag? Does anyone have information on this?
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

TonTheKidRS wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:54 pm
KoriJenkins wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:19 am Alternatively a plugin that prevents minecarts from being crammed for killing would be nice. That one is a little harder to pinpoint pros and cons for, I don't think there are any real cons outside of people having to kill pigmen manually in a farm, though to be fair autoclickers are allowed so it's not like there's an excuse not to do that anyway.
I thought that minecarts crammed in small numbers (I believe around 50 is the minimum for cramming damage) didn't cause that much lag? Does anyone have information on this?
When YMP did it at End Spawn it dropped TPS to 5. Fairly certain they're incredibly damaging to the server's TPS and if autoclickers are allowed there's really no reason to have minecart cramming as a kill method outside of laziness.
TonTheKidRS
[rawr]

Post by TonTheKidRS »

KoriJenkins wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:58 pm
TonTheKidRS wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:54 pm
When YMP did it at End Spawn it dropped TPS to 5. Fairly certain they're incredibly damaging to the server's TPS and if autoclickers are allowed there's really no reason to have minecart cramming as a kill method outside of laziness.
Fair. But wasn't the YMP thing with a couple hundred? I've put down around 1000 minecarts on my server and it only lags around 1000. Granted TPS starts to go down around 200 or 300.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

I don't know. I just know that it contributes. One person placing 50 minecarts might not cause lag, but if 6 are it does. Why not just eliminate that completely and use autoclickers?
TonTheKidRS
[rawr]

Post by TonTheKidRS »

KoriJenkins wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:08 pm I don't know. I just know that it contributes. One person placing 50 minecarts might not cause lag, but if 6 are it does. Why not just eliminate that completely and use autoclickers?
True. You can only use 1 autoclicker per computer (as far as I know) so that could be limiting but that doesnt necessarily matter.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

TonTheKidRS wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:10 pm
KoriJenkins wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:08 pm I don't know. I just know that it contributes. One person placing 50 minecarts might not cause lag, but if 6 are it does. Why not just eliminate that completely and use autoclickers?
True. You can only use 1 autoclicker per computer (as far as I know) so that could be limiting but that doesnt necessarily matter.
TBF if people aren't willing to accept that not everything can be run at literally the max efficiency for the server to remain stable, I can't sympathize. True, you can't do multiple things with an autoclicker, but just because you can do something doesn't mean it needs to be done.