The SimPvp "Burning Age" is over. What now?

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
VetoTheNeato
[rawr]

The SimPvp "Burning Age" is over. What now?

Post by VetoTheNeato »

I think it's generally agreed upon that Simpvp's burning age is over. While recent griefs have happened, as they always have, the rate has slowed down. The only big ones I can really think of in the past year are Segoria, Three Words, Takyon and Wilburia. While unfortunate, it's a far cry from the described "burning ages" of old on Sim. So... where are we now? I can't imagine any standout trends in recent months that have changed Simpvp. The age of dumb admin decisions? The age of dumb Larp wars? The age of fortunate yet boring peace? Lol.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Re: The SimPvp "Burning Age" is over. What now?

Post by KoriJenkins »

The Age of Veto returning to the server but quitting again a week later.
VetoTheNeato
[rawr]

Post by VetoTheNeato »

KoriJenkins wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:24 am The Age of Veto returning to the server but quitting again a week later.
Ok to be honest, this time I'm more passionate than ever for Sim. In the past, I tried to "come back" in big events and such, but now I've rediscovered the joy in actually playing and building on the server. Think I'm done with videos, though. My new base is gunning to be like Segoria-Quality so I'm excited to be building everyday for the first time since Yittrium.
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Post by clipchip »

VetoTheNeato wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:29 am My new base is gunning to be like Segoria-Quality
careful big guy
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

This one was called the "Second Burning Age" meaning it could lead to a second Dark Age, Silver Age, Golden Age, or Dawn Age. (It could also lead to something totally new.)

Since we passed the 10 year simpvp anniversary right around the same time Segoria was griefed and some new bases got going, it kind of seems like a "Second Dawn Age" to me. But maybe it's too early still to be so optimistic. Sometimes we don't figure out what to call an age until years after it ends.
Lord1
[rawr]

Post by Lord1 »

THe Lord1 Age please.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

Call it the Reconstruction Era lol.

Nice post-American Civil War reference.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

That name is too long. American is boring and lame.