Allow the clay exploit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
MutualistManiac
[rawr]

Re: Allow the clay exploit

Post by MutualistManiac »

MoWobbler wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:46 am Whether following chunk borders to a base is a glitch is up for debate. I don't think that's really relevant to this topic though, because the result of that debate won't change the outcome of this one.

Your other issue was that it isn't clear that this is illegal. To me, it is because rule 2 says that abuse of glitches is illegal. Maybe we have a different definition for glitch? That's my only guess as to where all of the confusion is coming from. Signs were added to spawn and another announcement was made on the discord server to make it extra clear.
I literally don't understand how it is not analogous to using chunk borders. Neither is a "glitch" they are both unintentional quirks of the terrain generation, and they both can be used by a player for advantage. THE DIAMONDS ARE FUCKING THERE it's not like people duped them or something why should collecting them be bannable, like just why? It makes no sense to me. Like this is so dumb that I would quit the server for a year by getting myself jailed for this in protest. The rules need actual SERIOUS reform as a whole in my opinion and Yukarion's obfuscations of the topic in favor of "muh vague rules" is just making it worse.
Sellout9
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Sellout9 »

Yukar9 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:04 am In my opinion this is very clear cut glitch abuse. As sad as it may be for people to get banned over this, if someone automatically assumes this is okay to exploit, I have to wonder what other exploits they might also just assume are okay.

We had an announcement on login that this was not allowed back when the exploit was new. It'd probably be annoying to have the announcement on permanently though (and this exploit can never be patched in already generated terrain, so that really would be forever.) Maybe we could add some signs at spawn or something. Also I have brain worms.
Are you actively trying to lower the active player count of your server, you stupid brain wormed cuck. You should all join me in quitting simpvp until yukar gets a proper lobotomy or better yet, gives someone with an IQ above 60 the ownership of the server. The hamster running the wheel in your head is tired yukar, give it a rest and give up ownership of simpvp.net. You obviously can't run this server anymore.
MutualistManiac
[rawr]

Post by MutualistManiac »

Sellout9 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:21 pm
Yukar9 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:04 am In my opinion this is very clear cut glitch abuse. As sad as it may be for people to get banned over this, if someone automatically assumes this is okay to exploit, I have to wonder what other exploits they might also just assume are okay.

We had an announcement on login that this was not allowed back when the exploit was new. It'd probably be annoying to have the announcement on permanently though (and this exploit can never be patched in already generated terrain, so that really would be forever.) Maybe we could add some signs at spawn or something. Also I have brain worms.
Are you actively trying to lower the active player count of your server, you stupid brain wormed cuck. You should all join me in quitting simpvp until yukar gets a proper lobotomy or better yet, gives someone with an IQ above 60 the ownership of the server. The hamster running the wheel in your head is tired yukar, give it a rest and give up ownership of simpvp.net. You obviously can't run this server anymore.
I am starting to unironically agree. He lost me ever since he said vague rules were good because he could ban people for whatever he wants.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

As amusing as Anthand's new copypasta is, I feel the need to add that I think Yukar does a perfectly fine job of running the server, and I'm certain I'm in the majority.

The only actions of his I majorly disagree with are this situation, disabling TNT duping, and not banning Anthand. But honestly those are a result of stubbornness and reluctance to admit fault than incompetence or stupidity. Regardless, he's earned my and the community's unconditional respect just for running the server for free and remaining almost completely neutral and hands-off.
Sellout9
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Sellout9 »

Burger wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:02 am Regardless, he's earned my and the community's unconditional respect just for running the server for free and remaining almost completely neutral and hands-off. OH YUKAR UR BOOT TASTES SO GOOD OH YEAH!!!
BOOT LICKER BOOT LICKER BOOT LICKER!!!
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Sellout9 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:11 pm BOOT LICKER BOOT LICKER BOOT LICKER!!!
not really since he actually paid me to make that post
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

You can certainly make a comparison to following chunk borders.

I think there is a major difference in that following chunk borders is an obvious effect of the terrain generation changing, which never had to be discovered by anybody. This diamond exploit relies on a very particular weakness in the terrain generation RNG. It's such an obscure exploit it took years for anybody to even figure it out.

But you do have to draw the line somewhere, which is why there have been official announcements (as well as being written on the wiki) that following chunk borders is legal, and using this exploit is not. I don't understand what the complaint about vague rules is here, the exact boundary has been explicitly defined.
Anthand
[rawr]

Post by Anthand »

Or instead of trying in vain to apply your iron fist to constant innovation, you could instead draw the line where it used to be; anything requiring modifying a client, or anything that illegally creates an item, used to be basically the extent of rule 2. I can even somewhat understand making some vanilla base finding techniques illegal because of the harshness of the consequences. However, banning someone for something as inconsequential as obtaining diamonds without the use of a client, an item which has already been massively devalued, is moronic. I hope that people are beginning to understand how this fucky draconian system makes anything illegal upon Yukarion's whims.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Another good, legit player got jailed today for using the exploit. While admittedly my sympathy wanes with every new jail (they should really know it's illegal by now), I've heard people claim he used the exploit months ago, and destroyed any profit when he found out it wasn't allowed.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

AntHand the server has banned vanilla exploits that let you see things you shouldn't be able to see since 2011. Back then it was the dropping sand or gravel on top of yourself people used to do.