Allow the clay exploit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
SengornLeopard
[rawr]

Re: Allow the clay exploit

Post by SengornLeopard »

If it is common knowledge that Diamonds spawn under clay, I think it is comparable to the following:

Going to swamp because you know witch huts spawn there
Going to desert because pyramid spawns there
Going to jungle because temple spawns there,

We know there are chests in the floors of pyramids and under water temples. We know gold spawns in the dark prismarine cubes of ocean monuments. We don't need an x-ray to know that they spawn there, it's common knowledge of generation.

I do think that the comparison of mining at a specific y level is apt as well.

We have learned that one thing spawns in relation to another. So when we see one thing, we know the other is there.
We are being asked to ignore diamonds that heuristically speaking, we can visibly see. I don't think being unintentional is technically enough to make it bad. I know that the owner has all rights to lay out rules and there are other servers people can play.

I think the hardest part is looking at clay and knowing the diamonds are there, but being forced to ignore them. Diamonds still have a value even if it is mostly sentimental, and leaving them behind is frustrating. Like watching a youtuber go caving and ignore a cluster of diamonds.
Anthand
[rawr]

Re: Allow the clay exploit

Post by Anthand »

Rare moment of Sengorn being correct