Give newspawns crucial information.

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
SengornLeopard
[rawr]

Give newspawns crucial information.

Post by SengornLeopard »

There is important information about this server only available if perchance an OG mentions it offhand, or they hire a private investigator.

1.) Alternate bedtrap IP
2.) Player portals
2.) /World
4.) Method to turn off phantoms
5.) Discord Join Link

I have seen a new player become bedtrapped. This occurred before he learned about the discord, forum, or the bedtrap IP. He quit while a group of people worked hard in /tell to convince others not to mention the bedtrap IP. There was no way to communicate with this player and fix this err when they logged off out of frustration. It should not have happened. Players should under no circumstances be able to trap, or trick another into thinking they cannot play the server.

Other aspects of our server are crucial to the gameplay. Left out of the loop they become very disadvantaged. For the above list there should be examples or instructions at spawn that are impossible to miss. not hidden in the basement, or off to the side.

The discord is basically official. Most minecrafters assume the server runs from an official discord anyway. Forums are old school, nobody cares about them. The discord has been run by official admins, everyone knows it as THE simpvp discord. There should be a join link in every login message. If something goes wrong, a new player should already be on the discord. If the aforementioned newspawn had clicked on the discord, I would have told him of the Bedtrap IP on there after he logged off.

The main page of the wiki should also host the information in my list, I found most of it myself by spending hours hitting the 'random page' button.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Give newspawns crucial information.

Post by Yukar9 »

I would suggest you edit the wiki yourself.

As for a discord link, I'll let the people who moderate the discord decide how to invite new players.
SengornLeopard
[rawr]

Post by SengornLeopard »

If it is not the official discord for Simpvp, perhaps one should be made and then linked directly to the server? Discord has been the mainstream de facto game community platform for years now
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Completely agree. Even a link to a wiki page with the 5 things you mentioned (either in chat when a new player joins or a sign at spawn) would be a major improvement.

I also think the Discord link should be posted publicly, I assume it isn't because there used to be no moderators to deal with a bot/spam invasion.

Edit: Kind of off-topic but I don't think it warrants a whole thread, but is /pvplist subscribe enabled by default? If not it should be thx
SengornLeopard
[rawr]

Post by SengornLeopard »

I believe it is off by default, I remember dying quite a bit before someone told me it exists and people use it to tell when i join the world