Free my boy Gerbbb

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Sengorn
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Free my boy Gerbbb

Post by Sengorn »

I hope this isn't true, I heard Gerbbb lost his ability to use the command /requestrestart, allegedly because someone quit simpvp due to many restarts. Let me outline why that is absolute nonsense, should be remanded, and never happen again.

1.) There is no rule forbidding that people request a restart too often. Punishing people in any capacity for breaking a rule which does not exist is a very bad thing to do. It sets an extremely concerning precedent.
2.) There is already a cooldown timer.
3.) It does not spam chat, only the player can see the cooldown timer warning. It causes no harm to anyone else.
4.) People can use the command /cancelrestart to block it. In fact, in order for a restart to occur- we need unanimous agreement. Something very uncommon.
5.) Nobody should believe an explanation of "I quit due to too many restarts"; because unless the server shut down every two minutes... it does no harm whatsoever, nor cause any annoyance to a reasonable individual. If someone did legitimately use that explanation for quitting Simpvp, that would be no justification for penalizing another player. That would be a "them problem" or a "skill issue".

In conclusion, I do not much care if Gerb is upset at such a penalty or not; I think it is ridiculous, unjust, and such actions by staff should never occur, not even for the most minor of things. There should be a professionalism, and an integrity to the written rules. A player ought have a reasonable ability to know if an action will or won't result in any form of punishment by reading the rules- nothing should be unwritten or made up on the sport purely to enforce against a single specific player.